Message from the President
Dear West High Families,
The Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) welcomes our West High community to an exciting 2021-2022 school year! We are looking forward to seeing more students, volunteers and events returning, and hearing the liveliness of school programs on our West High campus. Safety is still our utmost concern as we plan our PTSA programs. Please look out for more information through our school communications.
PTSA funds many programs, such as Library Support, Warrior Welcome, Reflections, Grad Night, Senior Scholarships, Emergency Preparedness, Parent Education Night and many more (also see list below), which benefit our hardworking children. PTSA also supported additional gifts to West in 2020-2021 including funding for the new Wellness Center. There are many ways you can help starting July:
- Become a PTSA member by clicking on WHS PTSA Webstore OR TOTEM OR Membership/Direct Donation Drop-off Form (Cost is $9/membership; when applying for PTA/PTSA Scholarships, Seniors must be a member)
- Consider a donation by clicking on Direct Donation (Select Product Categories Donations) OR Membership/Direct Donation Drop-off Form.
- Share your time by clicking on Volunteer
- Participate by clicking on Shopping Rewards Fundraisers : AmazonSmile, escrip, Benefit Mobile, and Ralphs.
Thank you for your support this past school year! We could not have continued some of our PTSA-funded programs and gifts to our school without your generosity. We also extend much gratitude to our Principal, Jenna Murata, and the entire West High Staff in caring for our children’s high school experience.
With your synergistic support and gracious commitment to our Association, you can touch our children’s lives by providing them a fun and rewarding year! The executive board and I look forward to working with our parents, staff and community this school year.
What PTSA Supports
ANNUAL SUPPORT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Library database subscriptions for all WHS students to access quality, academic resources for research.
SCHOOL SUPPORT HIGHLIGHTS:
- College test prep classes
- College & Career Fair
- Grad Night
- Warrior Welcome
- More than $3K in student scholarships annually (let's grow this!)
- Staff Appreciation
- Parent Education Information Nights: Mental Health, Teen Safety, and More
- Administrative Support
CURRENT AND FUTURE SUPPORT GOALS:
- More Technology and Other Assessed School Needs
PAST SCHOOL SUPPORT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Wellness Center Support
- Emergency Preparedness
- School Re-Branding
- Water Bottle Stations
- Gym A/V System
- Technology Purchases/Repairs
- Skateboard Racks
- The Arts