Interdistrict permits allow students from districts outside of Torrance to apply to attend Torrance Unified School District schools.
West High begins accepting permit applications for the following school year beginning in mid-April.
Interdistrict permits are approved on a case-by-case basis and are subject to availability and approval by the school requested. Once permits are granted they may be valid through high school pending annual review of the student's acadmic progress, citizenship and behavior, and attendance to ensure the student is maintaing permit contact expectations. Approval by the site principal is not guaranteed for future renewal if the student is not meeting the permit contract. The Torrance Unified School District’s decision to accept your student’s permit will be based on space availablity of the Torrance school requested. Students must have, and maintain, satisfactory attendance, effort, academic achievement and behavior - as outlined in the permit contract. Permits are not accepted after the school year begins.
New Permits: Print Permit Application using this link – Click Here
Parent/Guardian must obtain a “Permit Release” from their resident (home) district for each new student requesting to attend a Torrance school.
- Bring the permit release along with a completed Permit Application directly to West High. Incomplete forms and documentation will not be accepted.
- Grades 9: Attach a legible photocopy of all middle school grades, attendance and behavior reports.
- Grades 10-12: In addition to a legible photocopy of the June report card, attach a legible photocopy of student’s transcript, attendance and behavior report.
- Grades 9-12: The site administrator may contact parent/guardian to arrange an interview.
- Grades 9-12: Student's current IEP or 504 Plan.
- If the permit is granted, you will need to enroll your student at the District Office Family Welcome Enrollment Center.
According to AB 2444 students who currently have an approved Interdistrict Permit will be permitted to continue attendance in the requested school without the need to re-apply to the district of residence to be released again. All existing Interdistrict Permits will be renewed unless the parent or school does not to renew.