Welcome to WHS Counseling
The mission of the Counseling Department at West High School is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that is aligned with the vision and mission of the Torrance Unified School District and the national standards set forth by the American School Counselor Association.
Our goal is to support the needs and interests related to the academic, career and personal/social development of all students.
- College Swag Thursdays: Help us promote the College-Going-Culture on campus by joining the faculty and wearing your college gear on Thursdays!
- Sign up for College Rep Visits on Naviance
- Feb 5th: Parent Financial Aid Night @ South High School PAC (6:30pm)
- Feb 6th: Coffee with Counselors - Career Pathways that Lead to Future Success (8am - College and Career Center)
- Feb 12th: Vaping & Addiction Parent Education Night @ 6pm in PAC
- Feb 19th & 20th: Scheduling Presentation to Juniors during English class
- Feb 25th -March 2nd: Individual Counseling Meeting with Juniors (course selection 20-21)
- March 4th & 5th: Scheduling Presentation to Sophomores during English class
- March 10th: Counselors visit Bert Lynn and Jefferson - Incoming 9th-grade presentation to students
- March 12th & 17th-20th: Individual Counseling Meeting with Sophomores (course selection 20-21)
- March 18th: Incoming 9th Grade Warrior Open House @ 5pm
- March 26th & 27th: Scheduling Presentation to Freshmen during English class
- March 30th - April 3rd: Individual Counseling Meeting with Freshmen (course selection 20-21)
- April 2nd: Coffee with Counselors - Summer Options
- April 14th & 16th: Individual Counseling Meeting with 8th Graders @ Jefferson
- April 20th & 21st: Individual Counseling Meeting with 8th Graders @ Bert Lynn
- April 22nd: College Application Process Night for 10th and 11th-grade Students and Parents (6pm - PAC)