A comprehensive school counseling program helps to support the social and emotional development of students, which has a positive influence on academic success. The Magruder Middle School counseling program prepares students to become lifelong learners by focusing on academic, career, and social/emotional development.
Magruder implements a comprehensive school counseling program that provides direct and indirect services such as:
- Academic skills support - including organizational skills, goal-setting, monitoring student progress
- Classroom lessons, group counseling, and individual counseling
- High school, college, and career planning
- Crisis intervention and facilitating student/family referrals
Parents and guardians can email a counselor directly for information. Students can email or request a meeting with a counselor.
Laura Jimenez ✉ email@example.com
TUSD Families Connected
Resources on this website support our goal of improving the social-emotional wellness of our youth and setting them on a path for success.
TUSD Care Solace
Mental health community referrals. In minutes you can filter by issue, age, gender, insurance, location and get matched up to options that can help right now.
TUSD Parent & Community Engagement
A site to keep up to date on events and activities hosted by the district, including parent meetings, workshops, and resources.
TUSD Virtual Wellness Center
An online portal to help mental health and wellness resources. Students and parents can connect with school counselors, access mental health referrals, and tap into tools and techniques to manage stress and create balance.
The Wellness Helpline is available from 9am-3pm, Monday-Thursday (closed on major holidays) via phone at 424-757-4190 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Helpline is being answered by TUSD mental health and counseling support staff.
Confidential Services for Adolescents
View a handout with numbers to crisis & youth hotlines and sexual & reproductive health organizations.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text “HOME” to 741-741
- LA County Mental Health Services: (800) 854-7771
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services: (877) 727-4747
- The Trevor Project for young LGBTQ Lives: (866) 488-7386
- National Runaway Safeline