How Can I Prepare for Enrolling My Child in TUSD?
There are several things you can do to help prepare for the enrollment process including:
(1) Check our Age Eligibility Chart so you know when your student is ready for Preschool, Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten.
(2) Use the School Locator to ensure that you are a resident of Torrance. If you are not, apply for a Release Permit from your home district.
(3) Attend a TK/Kinder Parent Information Meeting in your area according to the schedule below:
Torrance High School Auditorium - February 1st 5:30 PM to 7 PM
North High School Performing Arts Center - February 9th 5:30 PM to 7 PM
West High School Performing Arts Center - February 16th 5:30 PM to 7 PM
South High School Performing Arts Center - February 23rd 5:30 PM to 7 PM
(4) Gather and have the following documents ready:
- Proof of Age - Your child's original birth certificate or passport
- Immunization Records - Yellow card or printout from your doctor or clinic (I need more info...)
- Two Utility Bills - With your name and home address
- (If Available): Most Recent School Records - Report Card or Transcript
- (If Available): IEP (Individual Education Plan)
- (If Available): Custody Orders - Under CA law, the general rule is both natural parents have equal rights to make decisions affecting the education of their children so if a court order modifying custody exists, have that available.
(5) On your Enrollment Start Date, enroll online or in-person.
- 23/24 Enrollment Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Age & Grade Level Placement Info (opens in new window)
- Change of Address
- Child Care
- Contact Us
- Enroll In-Person
- Enroll Online
- Homeless and Foster Youth
- Nutrition Services
- Open Enrollment
- Other FAQ Sheets
- Parent & Family Resources
- Preparing for Enrollment
- School Locator (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.