Torrance Unified Preschool
We welcome you and your child to our Torrance Unified School District (TUSD) Preschool program early learning community!
TUSD Preschool provides:
- A safe, fun, and nurturing environment
- Qualified, passionate staff
- Emotional, social, cognitive, and physical skill development
- A foundation for lifelong learning and personal growth!
We offer both grant-funded opportunities and tuition-based services that are available on school site campuses across our district.
*If your child is already 4 years of age, depending on their date of birth, they may be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten. Click here for the Age/Grade Level Placement Information for TK/K.
TUSD Preschool Programs offer both a tuition-based (PALs Program) and state-funded (Tykes) preschool program. Tykes is free for low-income families who are income-eligible. The children we serve do NOT need to be Torrance Residents to attend our tuition- based PALs or state-funded (Tykes) programs, however Individualized Education Program (IEP)-related services are only available for students residing withing TUSD boundaries.
Your child must be independent in their toileting abilities before enrolling, some exceptions will be made for students with IEPs.
Students must be three years of age before enrolling in our Tuition-Based program and for our State-Funded (Tykes) program, children must turn three on or before December 1st to start on the first day of school in the current academic year.
All of our programs are currently half-day programs, 5 days a week.
Our State-Funded Program (Tykes), which is a California State Preschool Program (CSPP), is offered at the following TUSD Elementary Sites:
Our Tuition-Based PALs Program is offered at:
For our Tuition-Based Programs, there are three ways to begin enrollment:
- Please fill out and submit our interest form.
- Contact our Arnold/LAUNCH Office by phone (310) 972-6500 x 2550
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For State-Funded Programs (Tykes), there are two ways to begin enrollment:
- Contact the Tykes Office by phone (310) 972-6490
- Email: email@example.com
If you're concerned about the development of your child and would like to discuss a possible assessment in the area of a suspected disability, please reach out to the Arnold/LAUNCH office (310) 972-6500 x 2550.
TUSD Preschool Calendar of Events
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Facebook
- Contact Information: State-Funded (Tykes) Program E-Mail Address, Phone Number
- Tuition-Based Program/Peer Assisted Learning (PALs) Interest Form
- PALs in Special Day Classes - Interest Form
- Current Students: Arnold/ LAUNCH Preschool Site
- Current Students: Tykes Preschool Site
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.