Welcome to Torrance Unified School District Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program!
The Torrance Unified School District recognizes the needs of students with exceptional abilities through the Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program. The purpose of the GATE Program is to identify students with abilities well beyond grade or age expectations, and to support their instructional program by establishing how students can receive differentiated learning experiences within the classroom, opportunities for enrichment, and social-emotional support.
TUSD Gifted and Talented Program's vision is to maximize each student's academic growth, nurture individual strengths, and support each student's social and emotional development.
GATE Program Goals
- Utilize equitable, research-based gifted identification practices
- Support educators with professional development as they provide differentiated instruction that is responsive to and commesurate with students' readiness level, interests, abilities
- Provide qualitatively different instruction that is challenging and provides for depth, complexity, acceleration, and novelty
- Build awareness, understanding, and integrated support, for the social-emotional needs of gifted learners, within the TUSD student, family, teaching, and support staff community
- Provide enriching opportunities for students to promote their critical and creative thinking skills, build on their passions, and foster development of social-emotional skills
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.