South Bay Consortium Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
The South Bay Consortium (SBC) is a partnership between Hawthorne Unified, Lawndale Unified Elementary, and Torrance Unified School Districts. This innovative teacher residency program combines immersive hands-on practice in the classroom with educational theory and research in both in person seminars and online courses. It takes place in partnership with K–12 schools in historically underserved communities, and 97% of our graduates obtain full-time teaching positions after completing the program.
In this residency year you will:
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in one year through Alder Graduate School of Education.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in your residency school.
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
For the 2024-2025 Residency Cohort, the South Bay Consortium is seeking qualified applicants in the following areas:
- Single Subject Math
- Single Subject Science
- Special Education (mild to moderate), RSP
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
- Dual Immersion Bilingual Spanish K-3
|Books, tests, etc.||Approximately $2,000|
|South Bay Consortium Stipend||$40,000|
|Federal financial aid (loans for tuition and living expenses)||Up to $40,000|
|Grants (for tuition and living expenses)||Up to $20,000|
|Excellent preparation and priority consideration for a paid, full-time teaching position||PRICELESS!|
Key Dates - Applications for the 2024-25 residency cohort will open September 1st 2023.
*Applications for 2023-24 residency cohort have closed.
|REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE||11/3/23|
Link to Apply
Link to apply to complete the initial online application www.aldergse.org/apply.
Recruitment and more information:
Dr. Anita Kreide - South Bay Consortium Program Director
Alder Admissions: http://aldergse.org/admissions/
Teacher Residency Information Sessions:
September 12th 6:00 - 7:00 pm
October 17th 6:00 - 7:00 pm
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.