Welcome to Torrance Tykes Preschool
Make Torrance Tykes* your answer!
Torrance Tykes State Preschool
Half day preschool offered free of charge to income-qualified families. Preschool classes located on the following elementary campuses: Arlington, Carr, Edison, Lincoln, Torrance Elementary and Wood. Children that turn 4 years old by December 1st are given priority. Children must be 3 years old by December 1st to enroll. Children who have their third birthday on or after December 2 of the fiscal year, may be enrolled on or after their third birthday. Children must be toilet trained to apply.
We are accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
Interested families for Fall 2021 enrollment should complete the preliminary application as soon as possible as the enrollment process starts mid-June (see Application Form). After you complete the preliminary application you can start to gather the following documents:
- Your child’s birth record (showing birth date and name of parent)
- Birth record of all siblings included in the householdSpace is limited
- Your child’s updated immunization record (see immunization requirements on the tab above)
- 1 Current Utility bill (Edison, gas, cable, water)
- Verification of one month of current gross income from all adults living in the household (Pay stubs, Self-employed logs/receipts/taxes, CALWORKS, Child support, EDD, Social Security, etc.)
Space is limited--Enrollment is completed by appointment only!
Please call us to make an appointment
or email us today!
Phone (310) 972-6490 Fax (310)972-6234
Se habla español
Turn in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Torrance Tykes Preschool Programs is sponsored by the California Department of Education and the Torrance Unified School District. We are a non-profit 501-c and are licensed through CCL, LIC #197412159.
Torrance Tykes Preschool Events
Torrance Tykes Preschool
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.