Torrance Tykes is a State-Funded Preschool Program that is offered for free to income-qualified families. Program classes are located on one of the following TUSD elementary campuses: Arlington, Arnold/LAUNCH, Carr, Lincoln, Torrance Elementary and Wood. Students need to be independent in their toileting skills. *Exceptions may be made for students with IEPs.
Child must be 3 years old by December 1st to enroll.
Child that turns 4 years old by December 1st is given priority.
Child who has their third birthday on or after December 2 of the fiscal year, may be enrolled on or after their third birthday.
Applications for 2023-2024: School starts August 23rd, 2023!
- For Fall 2023 enrollment, please complete the preliminary application. The enrollment process will begin mid-June (see Application Form). After you complete the preliminary application, we will need the following documents to enroll your child:
Child’s birth record (showing birth date and name of parent)
- Birth record of all siblings included in the household (showing birth date and name of parent)
- Child’s updated immunization record (see requirements in the immunization tab above)
- 1 Proof of address with a 9 digit zip code (Edison, gas, cable, water, etc.)
- Verification of one month of current gross income from all adults living in the household that are included in the family size (Pay stubs, Self-employed logs/receipts/taxes, CALWORKS, Child support, EDD, Social Security, etc.)
- Enrollment is completed via an appointment!
- Enrollment is Where Space Available
To make an appointment call or email us today!
Phone (310) 972-6490 Fax (310) 972-6234
Se habla español
Turn in your application to email@example.com
*Torrance Tykes Preschool Programs is sponsored by the California Department of Education and the Torrance Unified School District. We are a non-profit 501-c and are licensed through CCL, LIC #197412159.