Torrance Residents School Transfer Lottery
For our 2024-2025 Open Enrollment Lottery we have adopted PowerSchool Enrollment to accept online applications. You can complete your student’s application for our Open Enrollment Lottery from any device with internet access.
- Torrance Unified residents who want their student to attend a different Torrance school
- Torrance Unified residents who have previously accepted a spot through our Open Enrollment Lottery and now want to attend a different Torrance school OR return to their original home school.
- Parents/guardians must have internet access and an active email account
- The Open Enrollment Lottery is only for Torrance Unified residents who want their student to attend a different Torrance school.
- Applications are accepted between January - February for the following school year
- An separate application must be submitted for each student and only one application per student will be accepted.
- Younger siblings will not automatically follow older siblings to the requested school. All students must apply for and be accepted individually.
- Transportation to the new school is not provided.
- Please note, applying to the Open Enrollment Lottery is NOT the same as enrolling in Torrance Unified. If your student is not already enrolled, you also need to complete the new student enrollment process.
Torrance Unified has adopted PowerSchool Enrollment to accept online applications for the Open Enrollment Lottery. You can complete your student’s application the for Open Enrollment Lottery anywhere you have internet access. It can also be done using any mobile device.
Click below for step-by-step instructions on how to use PowerSchool Enrollment to submit an application:
- By the end of March, we will send an email to the address you provided in the application, containing your student’s Lottery Number.
- When you receive your Lottery Number, please keep in mind:
- Your student’s Lottery Number does not confirm acceptance or denial.
- The lower the number, the better the chance your student will be offered a spot at your requested school.
- Spots are offered based on space availability at each school and are typically sent out by the end of the current school year.
- You will receive an email (at the email address provided on the application) with instructions on how to accept the spot at the new school. You must complete the acceptance process as outlined in the email by the date specified or your student’s spot will be forfeited.
- As a reminder, the New Student Enrollment process will need to already be completed in order to proceed with your acceptance.
- Enrollment Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Age & Grade Level Placement Info (opens in new window)
- Change of Address
- Child Care
- Contact Us
- Enroll In-Person
- Enroll Online
- Homeless and Foster Youth
- Nutrition Services
- Open Enrollment
- Other FAQ Sheets
- Parent & Family Resources
- Preparing for Enrollment
- School Locator (opens in new window)
- Transitional Kindergarten
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.