Frequently Asked Questions...
Don't see what you are looking for? You can email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are several things you can do to prepare to enroll your child in our schools for the 2023-24 school year including attending a Family Information Night and gathering the documents you need. Review our Preparation Checklist to get ready.
- Proof of Age - Your child's original birth certificate or passport
- Immunization Records - Yellow card or printout from your doctor or clinic (I need more info...)
- Two Utility Bills - With your name and home address
- (If Available): Most Recent School Records - Report Card or Transcript
- (If Available): IEP (Individual Education Plan)
- (If Available): Custody Orders - Under CA law, the general rule is both natural parents have equal rights to make decisions affecting the education of their children so if a court order modifying custody exists, have that available.
You can review our Age Eligibility and Grade Placement Chart.
You will need to find your "home school" which is based on your address. You can use our School Locator to type in your address and use your student's grade to find your home school.
We understand that some of our students and families may be experiencing temporary or ongoing homelessness and may not have a permanent address. Learn more.
Yes, many families can apply online. We have made the process even easier this year. To see if you qualify to enroll online, take this short online questionnaire.
Yes. There are many reasons that you can transfer from your home district into Torrance Unified, including if you or another family member work in Torrance, if you have childcare in Torrance, or if there are programs and services that aren't available in your home district.
You will need to apply for an Interdistrict Release Permit from your home district, and then a TUSD Acceptance Permit before you can enroll in a TUSD school. Learn More.
We provide access to a lottery system (Open Enrollment) for you to request a change from your home school for your student in January/February for the following school year. Review the process and access the form.
Yes, we have childcare options available for qualifying families both through our TUSD DevELOPment Academy and partner community sites. Fees are based on eligibilty. Learn more.
- Enrollment Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Age & Grade Level Placement Info (opens in new window)
- Change of Address
- Child Care
- Contact Us
- Enroll In-Person
- Enroll Online
- Homeless and Foster Youth
- Nutrition Services
- Open Enrollment
- Other FAQ Sheets
- Parent & Family Resources
- Preparing for Enrollment
- School Locator (opens in new window)
- Transitional Kindergarten
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.