Virtual Learning Plan
Our exceptional teachers and administrators have been working tirelessly as we shifted (almost overnight) from classroom teaching to virtual (home) learning. I recognize how difficult this transformation is for our teaching staff and for you and your child(ren). For many of our teachers, this will be the first time they have had to deliver curriculum and instruction online or virtually.
After Spring Break, beginning on April 13th, teachers will begin implementing a virtual learning plan that although will not replicate school, will provide a more stable schedule.
As we move forward with our plan, there may be modifications and adjustments in our plan as we see what is working and what may need to change. We are in uncharted territory with COVID-19. I ask you for your patience and understanding as we learn, adapt, and grow in our changing environment.
Nutrition Services Department:
Free curbside meal service (breakfast and Lunch) will continue until schools reopen (and even during spring break). Meals are served from 8am-1pm at Carr, Edison, and Torrance Elementary Schools, and at J.H. Hull and Magruder Middle School.
Meals are for anyone under the age of 18 and they can get 2 breakfasts or 1 breakfast and 1 lunch. Parents can pick up meals for their children (the child does not need to be present).
Please click here for flyer.
- May 19, 2020 - End of the Year
- May 5, 2020 - End of School Activities
- April 24, 2020 - Grading Policy
- April 2, 2020 - COVID-19 Update School Closure
- April 1, 2020 - State Superintendent Tony Thurmond Statement on School Closures
- March 27, 2020 - Virtual Learning Plan Starting April 13, 2020
- March 20, 2020 - School Closure Extended
- March 16, 2020 - Parent Resource Letter
- March 13, 2020 - School Closure Announcement