Torrance Unified School District is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. The Wellness Policy Commitee has been meeting since 2015 to revise and update the existing Wellness Policy to meet District, CDE, and USDA standards. The committee includes a variety of District staff and other interested community members. To become a member of the Wellness Committee, please contact the Chair of the committee at email@example.com.
Upcoming Meeting Dates in 2022-23:
- Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/81840778749?pwd=2F4--656x-udqIldW-sk7XZHjIMZXg.1 Meeting ID: 818 4077 8749 Passcode: 939588
- Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/83103356196?pwd=cG3bscOD1cMQ6AKynr3WP5VeThzmBF.1 Meeting ID: 831 0335 6196 Passcode: 579617
- Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/81518706177?pwd=BwFvHCw1ImO06M6vG-hWbyJTB2MJ9C.1 Meeting ID: 815 1870 6177 Passcode: 005834
- Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/84711703447?pwd=oWAKux78TWH6Qur8NsxJYKCWREbJe6.1 Meeting ID: 847 1170 3447 Passcode: 142695
All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom from 9:00-10:00 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
Sharing the Message of Wellness
The overarching goal of the TUSD Wellness Policy is to promote health and wellness, and to convey positive, consistent messages to all District students in accordance with current law. We want to support our students and enable them to achieve more by learning healthy behaviors that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Key Areas of Wellness
The Wellness Policy focuses on three keys areas:
- School health, safety and environment
- Physical activity and physical education
- Family Involvement
How do I know if the foods I want to serve to the students for a school event are compliant?
You can use the Project Lean "Food Calculator" to see if the foods/beverages are compliant. Simply type in the information requested and it will tell you based on the grade level if the items are compliant. You can contact Nutrition Services if you have any questions! Go to this link for the Project Lean Food Calculator!
To learn more about TUSD Wellness Policy, access our Wellness Policy Resource Guide, Fact Sheet (Fact Sheet is also available in Spanish, Korean and Japanese. Email Director for translated flyer.) and Food Saftey Packet by clicking on the icons below:
Wellness - Creating a Culture of Wellness:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.