Torrance Unified School District is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. The Wellness Policy Committee met in 2015 to revise and update the existing Wellness Policy. The committee included a variety of District staff and other interested community members. To become a member of the Wellness Committee, please contact the Chair of the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please visit the Resource Guide 2021-22 for assistance with implementing the Wellness Policy. The Resource Guide provides fundraiser ideas, food safety tips, healthy classroom celebrations and more!)
Upcoming Meeting Dates in 2021-22:
- Thursday, October 21, 2021
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/83545820639?pwd=Vmg0bVJJU3lRYW5HSVB5c1hQWDg5Zz09 Meeting ID: 835 4582 0639 Passcode: 089254
- Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/82749998173?pwd=anZURnJUOVhmMVEyZ25UVFJOQ3phZz09 Meeting ID:827 4999 8173 Passcode: 044225
- Thursday, March 3, 2022
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/82333234955?pwd=QStFdFBnTittalh3MzN4TUoyWUp4UT09 Meeting ID: 823 3323 4955 Passcode: 755043
- Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Join Zoom Meeting https://tusd-org.zoom.us/j/84733407122?pwd=NjM1bldZZE5mTHU0Y1Evc2dhbEp4QT09 Meeting ID: 847 3340 7122 Passcode: 857517
All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
Sharing the Message of Wellness
The overarching goal of the TUSD Wellness Policy is to promote health and wellness, and to convey positive, consistent messages to all District students in accordance with current law. We want to support our students and enable them to achieve more by learning healthy behaviors that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Key Areas of Wellness
The Wellness Policy focuses on three keys areas:
- School health, safety and environment
- Physical activity and physical education
- Family Involvement
How do I know if the foods I want to serve to the students for a school event are compliant?
You can use the Project Lean "Food Calculator" to see if the foods/beverages are compliant. Simply type in the information requested and it will tell you based on the grade level if the items are compliant. You can contact Nutrition Services if you have any questions! Go to this link for the Project Lean Food Calculator!
To learn more about TUSD Wellness Policy, access our Wellness Policy Resource Guide, Fact Sheet (Fact Sheet is also available in Spanish, Korean and Japanese. Email Director for translated flyer.) and Food Saftey Packet by clicking on the icons below: