Torrance Unified School District is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. The Wellness Policy Committee met in 2015 to revise and update the existing Wellness Policy. The committee included a variety of District staff and other interested community members. To become a member of the Wellness Committee, please contact the Chair of the committee at email@example.com.
(Please visit the Resource Guide 2020-21 for assistance with implementing the Wellness Policy. The Resource Guide provides fundraiser ideas, food safety tips, healthy classroom celebrations and more!)
Upcoming Meeting Dates in 2020-21:
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87301164770?pwd=b2ZjbDMxcjBjZXNZbnpvUTJzeUVsQT09 Meeting ID: 873 0116 4770 Passcode: 3p2jzS
- Thursday, December 10, 2020
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88146510990?pwd=dDhycmNQZC9oY0xSeUN1Ty9yWDl6QT09 Meeting ID: 881 4651 0990 Passcode: 1r6XHn
- Thursday, March 4, 2021
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87305241569?pwd=UE9PM3dQRldla29CS3NFZDRha3VWQT09 Meeting ID: 873 0524 1569 Passcode: 6XQfAf
- Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81993831566?pwd=cjh2VEhScVNENE5TWWpzUEFjZ0VKZz09 Meeting ID: 819 9383 1566 Passcode: 8STvkN
All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom from 9:30-11:00 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
Sharing the Message of Wellness
The overarching goal of the TUSD Wellness Policy is to promote health and wellness, and to convey positive, consistent messages to all District students in accordance with current law. We want to support our students and enable them to achieve more by learning healthy behaviors that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Key Areas of Wellness
The Wellness Policy focuses on three keys areas:
- School health, safety and environment
- Physical activity and physical education
- Family Involvement
How do I know if the foods I want to serve to the students for a school event are compliant?
You can use the Project Lean "Food Calculator" to see if the foods/beverages are compliant. Simply type in the information requested and it will tell you based on the grade level if the items are compliant. You can contact Nutrition Services if you have any questions! Go to this link for the Project Lean Food Calculator!
To learn more about TUSD Wellness Policy, access our Wellness Policy Resource Guide, Fact Sheet (Fact Sheet is also available in Spanish, Korean and Japanese. Email Director for translated flyer.) and Food Saftey Packet by clicking on the icons below: