Healthy Ever After!
Healthy Ever After (HEA) is a program sponsored by Torrance Memorial Medical Center. HEA was created for Torrance Unified School District’s Elementary Schools to promote healthy eating and lifestyles for children and youth in the community. The goal of HEA is to teach kids how to make healthy lifestyle choices. Parent volunteers and dietetic interns teach the nutrition education lesson to all students at elementary schools. HEA consists of four nutrition lessons per school year that are accompanied by a healthy snack. These snacks expose students to healthy foods that go hand in hand with the nutritious foods served in the cafeteria each day. Topics focus on the USDA’s MyPlate food diagram, fitness and fun for a healthy heart, limiting sugar intake, eating a rainbow of colors of fruits and vegetables, and many other healthy topics. All lessons were created by a Registered Dietitian and are updated on a regular basis. Since 2012 HEA has been helping kids make healthy eating and lifestyle choices!
Lesson #1 Opt Out Letter: Opt Out Letter for Yogurt Parfait
Lesson #2 Opt Out Letter: Opt Out Letter for Apple Crisps
Lesson #3 Opt Out Letter: Opt Out Letter for Chips and Guacamole
Lesson #4 Opt Out Letter: Opt Out Letter for Baby Carrots and Light Ranch Dressing
Nature's Flavor Explosions - Sweets!
- HEA Lesson Plan: Grades K-2
- HEA Lesson Plan: Grades K-2 PPT
- Activity: Honey and Apples Coloring Sheet
- HEA Lesson Plan: Grades 3-5
- HEA Lesson Plan: Grades 3-5 PPT
- Activity: How many Sugar Cubes?
- Peanut Butter and Banana Smudgies
- POEM Natures Flavor Explosions Sweets
- POEM Sugar Busters
- Sugar Busters Word Search
- Sugar Snap Peas Coloring Sheet
- Vanilla-Orange Freezer Pops
- Watermelon Coloring Sheet
Food, Fitness, Fun for a Healthy Heart!
- HEA Lesson PPT: Grades K-2 Guacamole Recipe
- HEA Lesson PPT: Grades 3-5 Healthy Habits Checklist FINAL
- HEA Lesson 3: FATS Heart Healthy Word Search
- About the Heart Hummus Recipe
- Activities for Heart Health Smoky Mustard - Maple Salmon
- Blueberry Almond Turtles Today We Learned a HEA Lesson!
- GoSlowWhoa Tic-Tac-Toe
Fruit and Vegetables!
- HEA Lesson PPT: Grades K-2
- HEA Lesson PPT: Grades 3-5
- HEA Lesson 4: Fruit and Vegetables
- Fruit Cards
- Veggie Cards
- Villain Cards
- Word Search
- Fruit and Veggie Coloring Sheets
- Add More Vegetables to Your Day
- Focus on Fruits
- Making Healthy Foods More Fun!
- Baked Kale Chips
- Lemony Kale Salad
- Two-Bean Soup with Kale