The Torrance Unified School District, in partnership with Los Angeles County Public Health and other state and regional agencies, continues to closely monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to keep our students, staff, and families informed as we receive guidance from public health officials to ensure we are providing our community with medically accurate and timely information.
Currently, in L.A. County,
· there are 6 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (please see attached from County Public Health)
· there are no plans for imminent school closures
Maintaining a healthy and clean learning environment for our students and staff has always been a District priority. As a standard practice, the District uses hospital-grade cleaning supplies to disinfect common spaces and touchpoints.
Every day, District custodial staff,
· clean common spaces thoroughly
· clean touchpoints, such as door and toilet handles, drinking fountains, light switches, and cafeteria tables and floors
Student and staff health are of the utmost importance to us, especially during flu season. We recommend the same practices for everyone that are recommended year-round, especially during the flu season and while we deal with the COVID-19 situation.
Parents can help by speaking to their students and following some basic guidelines:
· Avoid contact with people who are ill.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
· Stay at home if you are ill. If someone is running a fever, it is required they remain at home until the fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
· Contact your health provider if you are concerned about any flu-like symptoms you have.
For up to date and medically accurate information about the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please go to the District website for links to health agency websites and resources: https://www.tusd.org/parents/student-health-resources
Translations of Parent Letter:
For letter in Spanish - click here
For letter in Japanese - click here
For letter in Chinese - click here
For letter in Korean - click here
For letter in Vietnamese - click here