Student Work Permits

How do I get a work permit?

After you receive a job offer, your employer will request that you get a work permit. We will be processing all applications and issuing permits electronically. (with the exception of Entertainment Industry permits- see below) To apply for a work permit, access the following link:

  • Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1 (DOC)**  (You can also pick up a hard copy of the form from the NHS Administration Office before or after school hours) **when the form loads on your screen, please click on "enable content" otherwise the print is difficult to read!
  • Student/Parent/Employer: Fill in all applicable areas, sign, and date the application. 
  • Email the signed application to
  • Mr. Kamiyama will email your work permit by the end of the next school day.
  • Print, sign, and date your work permit before taking it to your employer.  

Visit the California Department of Education for more information on Work Permits for Students:

 **Entertainment Industry work permits can only be issued a hard copy (school seal is required) and may require additional time due to requested information including attendance, grades and health information.

Job Interview Tips

Students! Do you know how to dress and what to say during a job interview?
The attachment below includes job interview tips for high school students. It has a lot of great information which will prepare you for your first job interview.

Job Interview Tips for High School Students