Dear TUSD students, parents, teachers and staff,
As the new school year begins, we are reminded that this academic year will require much creativity, patience and flexibility. The Torrance Education Foundation (TEF) will continue to support teachers and education contributors; develop strategic alliances with business organizations, parents and the community; and most importantly cultivate innovation and curiosity among students of every age and grade.
In the 2020-2021 academic year, TEF will partner with TUSD to bring our students and teachers the following:
- Financial Support
- STEAM Initiatives
- Student Scholarships
- Fundraising Opportunities
TEF accomplishments to date:
- $370,000 – Equipment, tools and materials for the Elementary Science Laboratory classrooms.
- $179,000 –168 STEM Initiative grants since 2014 to teachers for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics projects serving 11,000 students.
- $278,000 – Installed TUSD’s first district-wide Wi-Fi network, equipping all 33 campuses with Wi-Fi access for students and teachers.
- 12 years of operating South Bay Enrichment Academy summer school for Torrance students. More than 18,000 students have spent summers with us.
Your contribution to Torrance Education Foundation is a crucial investment in our young people, helping them prepare for their bright future by going onto our website www.tef4kids.org. We thank you for investing in our students.
Martha Deutsch Shireen Ossanlo
President Executive Director