Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
We understand there is heightened concern from our community because of the unknowns regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We continue working with local, state, and federal partners during school closures.
Health Orders from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
Los Angeles County Department of Health: Reopening K-12 Schools
- Appendix T1: Reopening Protocol for K-12 Schools
- Appendix T2: Protocol for COVID-19 Exposure Management Plan in K-12 Schools
- Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
Here are trusted sources of information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health
- Los Angeles County Department of Health
Per the LACPH, the following is the mask recommendation for students (as communicated on 1/5/2022):
- Universal masking is currently required for both indoor and outdoor settings on the school campus when physical distancing cannot be maintained. This includes entering campuses in the morning, during passing periods, at recess and lunch, and when leaving school at the end of the day. This is in addition to everyone wearing masks indoors at all times.
- It is recommended that all students wear a well-fitting, non-cloth mask of multiple layers of non-woven material with a nose wire. The District has available blue surgical masks in child and older student sizes, and use of these is encouraged. However, a student may wear a mask of their choosing (other than mesh/net "masks") as long as they wear it properly, covering both nose and mouth at all times, as described in point #1 above.
Per the LACPH, the following is the mask recommendation for staff (as communicated on 1/5/2022):
- Require masks outdoors in crowded spaces where physical distancing is not feasible except when actively eating or drinking.
- Provide and require all staff to wear upgraded (surgical/respirator) masks.
Isolation and Quarantine Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.