Ap & Honors
AP Coordinator: If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Information Codes & Links:
South High AP/Honors Google Classroom Join Code: ekevobs
South High AP/Honors Schoology Join Code: G96X-T8WB-N84KK
AP Exam Registration Information
College Board/AP Classroom
SSD Accommodations Approval form for AP testing
Titan (Free and Reduced Lunch application). Students who qualify for this program will only pay $5 per AP exam.
AP/Honors Course Commitment Form
- The Honors and AP courses are rigorous and demanding. Students need to have the necessary academic background, commitment and motivation to succeed.
- AP courses are equivalent to freshman-level courses at a University and at the conclusion of an AP course students will have the opportunity to take the corresponding AP exam.
- Success in these courses may require students to sacrifice school sponsored and community activities.
- Summer homework is required in Honors/AP courses and becomes part of the student’s fall semester grade.
- Students should discuss their decision to take Honors/AP courses with their teacher, counselor and parents.
- Students are expected to attend the spring information meeting for each course in which they want to enroll. Students will contact the teacher in the case of a missed meeting.
Honors/AP Enrollment Policy
- By enrolling, students are agreeing to a yearlong commitment
- There is no grade guarantee of “C” or better just because it is an honors class.
- Grades of “D” will remain in the class at the semester
- The UC system requires students to repeat any grade of “D” for credit.
- The grade earned will become part of the student’s permanent record.
- Only students with a grade of “F” will be considered for a class change at the semester. Priority will go to students enrolled in a class that is a graduation requirement