JMS Student Council
Jefferson Middle School’s Student Council is a group of students who devote their time to helping our school’s community, campus and staff. It is a service-based leadership group which is composed of a group of students who serve the Jefferson Middle School community and represent their peers and their interests.
How do you join Student Council?
When are elections held?
- Every school year we hold elections in the beginning of the year.
What are the requirements to run?
- Anyone can run for the positions they are qualified for. Qualifications are determined by grade and ability.
What happens during elections?
- Some positions require a speech and some positions require an interview with Mr. Cheney to run. 6th graders can run for 6th grade positions, same goes for 7th and 8th graders.
Can 6th and 7th graders run for StuCo president?
- No, to run for president you must be in 8th grade.
What are the main goals and events of Student Council?
When are meetings held?
- We hold meetings every monday from 3:05 to 4:30 after school and sometimes lunch meetings throughout the week.
What does Student Council do at their meetings?
Within those meetings we plan events, class competitions, create bulletin boards and much, much more.