Jefferson Middle School implements a comprehensive school counseling program by providing direct and indirect services to all our students. Our program addresses the needs of all students by facilitating their academic, personal, and social emotional development. Through our program we help create a positive and safe learning climate as well as help our students feel connected to peers and adults at Jefferson Middle School.
Direct and Indirect services include:
- Individual and/or small group counseling
- Support within the classroom setting
- Classroom lessons
- Academic skills support - organizational skills, goal-setting, monitoring progress
- High school, college, and career planning
- Crisis intervention
- Student/family referrals for additional assistance
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, and other staff
If a student who like to see our counselor they can fill out a Request to See form in the front office or email Ms. Balooch directly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources and Links
TUSD Families Connect - Resources on this website support our goal of improving the social-emotional wellness of our youth and setting them on a path for success.
Coping with Stress - From the CDC website, this page provides links for immediate help during a crisis, as well as resources for managing stress in the long term.
Kids for Peace - Projects and resources for kids, families, and educators in the age of COVID-19.