Pathway to Biliteracy
TUSD Pathway to Biliteracy
8th Grade Students
The “TUSD Pathway to Biliteracy” will be awarded to 8th grade students. They must demonstrate proficiency in English and another language, including American Sign Language. This award is given at the end of the school year in the form of a trophy and a certificate.
Students who continue on this path may be awarded the Seal of Biliteracy upon graduation in the 12th grade. The “TUSD Seal of Biliteracy” will be awarded to 12th grade students at graduation. This award includes a seal that is placed onto the student’s diploma and noted in the transcript. Recipients will also be awarded with an honor medallion to wear during graduation ceremonies.
2016-2017 Pathway to Biliteracy Important Dates
- Friday, November 18th Interest Meeting in Room 6 during Lunch Period
- Wednesday, November 30th Interest Meeting in Room 6 during Lunch Period
- Monday, April 24th Pathway to Biliteracy Written Assessment during 6th Period in Room 6
- Wednesday, April 26th Pathway to Biliteracy Application due to Mrs. Salfity / Room 6
- Wednesday, April 26th Pathway to Biliteracy Reading Log due to Mrs. Salfity / Room 6