August 24, 2023
Dear Edison Students and Families:
Welcome to the start of the 2023-2024 school year at Edison Elementary! I want to extend a warm welcome to all returning parents and students, as well as new students joining our Edison Family.
Our Mission is to develop lifelong, productive learners and maximize each student’s potential with a curriculum that balances academic, social, and physical growth. We all are responsible for the success of every child at Edison! We are so fortunate that our Edison teachers are experts in providing a positive learning environment and a balanced instructional program to meet the physical, social, emotional and academic needs of your child. Student learning will continue to be our top priority, where all students belong, have access to high quality instruction, and reach their full potential.
At Edison, we believe the education of your child is a three-way partnership between the school, parent, and child. When families and the school work together, a positive attitude about school is developed and children tend to be more successful. With regular attendance and working together we can make a powerful and positive difference in the life of your child(ren).
Although there is no longer a pandemic, Covid is still present. If your child is Covid Positive, I ask that you keep your child at home and call the office to keep us informed of your situation so that we can advise you on the latest Covid Protocols.
Our Edison Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a very active group and a key ingredient to our team effort in educating all our students. In a regular year, parent volunteers assist staff by volunteering in classrooms, help to organize and prepare materials, work in the library, and help raise funds to support our students. Please become a PTA member and make a donation to invest in your child’s education. Thank you in advance for your support!
School to Home Communication is important to me. I send weekly emails on Mondays as this is the main source of communication of important events, activities, deadlines, and updates. Every family must complete the PowerSchool registration annually. If you make any phone or email changes during the school year, please be sure to update this on the Emergency Contact page on PowerSchool so that you will be included on any safety alerts, can be contacted in the event of an emergency or when your child is feeling ill or injured. I look forward to a successful and rewarding school year!
My Best Regards,
Edison Elementary School
At Edison Elementary, we strive to develop lifelong, productive learners and maximize each student's potential with a curriculum that balances academic, social, and physical growth. We all are responsible for the success of every child at Edison!
- Every student will have clear goals focused on academic expectations in order to learn, feel secure, and be successful.
- Frequent progress monitoring will identify students who need additional opportunities to learn in order to meet and exceed academic expectations.
- The school community will provide a risk-free environment that builds self-esteem, responsibility, respect, and wellness in all students.
- The teachers, administration, parents, and community at Edison Elementary School will work collaboratively to create a challenging and enriching learning program that sets high expectations for all students.
- We recognize the value of ethnic contributions within our community and that our school culture is enriched by embracing our diversity.