The Torrance Unified School District strongly believes in the educational value of electronic services and recognizes the potential of such to support our curriculum and student learning. We are pleased to announce that electronic information services are available to students and teachers in our District. Our goal in providing this service is to promote educational excellence by facilitating resource sharing, innovation, and communication. The form below lists the terms and guidelines for appropriate use of technology. If any user does not follow these guidelines, access to the information service may be denied and the user may be subject to disciplinary or legal action.
Agreement Between User and Torrance Adult School
The Torrance Adult School Web Site is comprised of various Web pages operated by Torrance Adult School. The Torrance Adult School Web Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
Torrance Adult School reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the Torrance Adult School Web Site is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Torrance Adult School Web Site may contain links to other Web Sites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Torrance Adult School and Torrance Adult School is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Torrance Adult School is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. Torrance Adult School is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Torrance Adult School of the site or any association with its operators.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site, you warrant to Torrance Adult School that you will not use the Torrance Adult School Web Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Torrance Adult School Web Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Torrance Adult School Web Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Torrance Adult School Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Torrance Adult School Web Sites.
Use of Communication Services
The Torrance Adult School Web Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Communication Services"), you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
Violate any applicable laws or regulations. Torrance Adult School has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Torrance Adult School reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Torrance Adult School reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Torrance Adult School reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Torrance Adult School's sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. Torrance Adult School does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, Torrance Adult School specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized Torrance Adult School spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Torrance Adult School.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions
(Last updated: 11/15/2022)
1. Program Description: We may send promotional and transactional mobile messages in various formats through the Program. Promotional messages advertise and promote our products and services and may include important dates and deadlines, news, event promotions, specials, other marketing offers, and reminders. Mobile messages may be sent using an automated technology, including an autodialer, automated system, or automatic telephone dialing system. Message frequency will vary. You agree that we, our affiliates, and any third-party service providers may send you messages regarding the foregoing topics or any topic and that such messages and/or calls may be made or placed using different telephone numbers or short codes. We do not charge for mobile messages sent through the Program but you are responsible for any message and data rates imposed by your mobile provider, as standard data and message rates may apply for SMS and MMS alerts.
2. User Opt-In: By providing your mobile phone number to us, you are voluntarily opting in to the Program and you agree to receive recurring mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide to us is a valid mobile phone number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you change your mobile phone number or are no longer the owner or authorized user of the mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Your participation in the Program is not required to make any purchase from us and your participation in the Program is completely voluntary.
3. User Opt-Out and Support: You may opt-out of the Program at any time. If you wish to optout of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, and/or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. You understand and agree that the foregoing is the only reasonable method of opting out. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us. Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands, and you agree that we and our service providers will not be liable for failing to honor requests that do not comply with the requirements in these Mobile Messaging Terms. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to operate the Program and we will notify you of any such change. You acknowledge that any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and we will not be responsible for failing to honor a request sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas, at all times, or on all mobile providers. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
5. Modifications: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of those modifications.
Materials Provided to Torrance Adult School or Posted at any Torrance Adult School Web Site
Torrance Adult School does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to Torrance Adult School (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any Torrance Adult School Web Site or its associated services (collectively "Submissions"). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting Torrance Adult School, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicenses permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. Torrance Adult School is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in Torrance Adult School's sole discretion.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Torrance Adult School WEB SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. Torrance Adult School AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE Torrance Adult School WEB SITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE Torrance Adult School WEB SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
Torrance Adult School AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE Torrance Adult School WEB SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. Torrance Adult School AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Torrance Adult School reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Torrance Adult School Web Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. GENERAL To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in King County, Washington, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site. Use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Torrance Adult School as a result of this agreement or use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site. Torrance Adult School's performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Torrance Adult School's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Torrance Adult School Web Site or information provided to or gathered by Torrance Adult School with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and Torrance Adult School with respect to the Torrance Adult School Web Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and Torrance Adult School with respect to the Torrance Adult School Web Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent an d subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English.
Copyright and Trademark Notices:
All contents of the Torrance Adult School Web Site are: Copyright 2015 by TAS G2 and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
All contents of the Torrance Adult School Web Site are: Copyright 2015 by TAS G2 and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
Notices and Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.