During the School Closure, we will post here with any updates about what 8th Graders should be doing to schedule for their classes next year.
Update: WHS Scheduling eBlast from 4/16
This link provides details about how to sign up for classes through PowerSchool. This step should be done before meeting with your Counselor.
This handout should be printed and filled out as a part of preparing for meeting with your West High Counselor.
This link provides the main source of information about scheduling for West High. Including two informational slideshow presentations for 8th graders and their parents:
- The presentation the Counselors shared with the 8th graders.
- An additional slideshow aimed at both parents and students.
The main process is listed on the West High Scheduling Website as "Part 2: Steps A-F".
- Step A: Honors forms and commitment.
- Step B: Homework Time Management. Plan your time!
- Step C: Course Description Handbook.
- Step D: Online Registration.
- Step E: Correspondence Course Pre-Approval (Info about Online Summer School).
- Step F: Request for Placement.
Jefferson 8th Graders are encouraged to contact their current teachers with questions regarding course selection relevent to each class (for example, whether or not to take "regular" or "Honors").
On the 8th Grade English etusd website, a Discussion Forum is now active for students to post questions about scheduling and/or other aspects of transitioning to 9th grade.