English Language Development Program
Please come to our English Language Multicultural Advisory Committee (ELMAC) meetings this year to learn about our program, meet other parents, and increase understanding of California and district policies. Our meetings are held on Zoom at 6 p.m. on the following dates:
October 6, 2021
December 8, 2021
March 30, 2022
May 25, 2022
Translators will be available. See you there!
English language skills.
EL Program Goals and Objectives:
• To provide curriculum content for ELL students to ensure an academically challenging schedule.
• To provide students with the curriculum necessary to meet high school and college requirements.
• To deliver curriculum through sheltering techniques.
• To prepare students to successfully make the transition into English only classes.
• To integrate the curriculum with the development of the English language skills of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
A program where English speaking students and English language learners come together to explore and discuss core curriculum.
The focus of MELD, or Model English Language Development, is to place students in a safe and comfortable environment to practice their English language skills while mastering core content.
The teachers in the MELD program pace their curriculum to provide opportunities for students to move between a quicker paced course, the EO side of the MELD, and the EL side of the MELD.
We offer four different electives: Beginning English Workshop, Intermediate English Workshop, Advanced English Workshop, and ELL Intervention.