Dress Standards & School Policies:
A good school-learning environment is created when students have an appropriate, well-groomed appearance and conduct themselves properly. Anything that tends to detract from this environment is unacceptable.
The following guidelines shall apply to all regular school activities:
· Shoes must be worn at all times.
· Clothing, jewelry and personal items (backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, waterbottles, etc.) shall be free from: writing, Pictures or any other insignia, which are vulgar, profane, or which advocate racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious prejudice.
· Sunglasses, hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors. Only medically/religiously required headgear, approved by the principal, might be worn indoors. Sun-protective clothing must comply with District and school site dress and grooming standards.
· Clothes shall conceal underwear at all times. See-through or fishnet fabrics, halter tops, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
· Swimwear, pajamas, nightgowns, and oversized clothing are not appropriate school wear.
· Regulation gym shorts may not be worn in classes other than physical education.
· Tattoos are to be covered at all times. (District Regulation #5220)
Students appearing on school grounds in violation of the dress policy shall be counseled and sent home, as appropriate, in order to change clothes and dress properly for school. Students may initially be counseled by the teacher with a follow up referral to be filed. A student who willfully and continuously violates the policy may be subject to suspension and/or expulsion.