Library Assistant/Textbook Clerk
Available between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Library Hours: 7:30 A.M. - 3:15 P.M.
- Students may visit the library before and after school, at snack and lunch time.
- Students can visit the libray during passing periods for book check out only, but the library does not issue tardy slips.
- No printing services are available during passing periods.
- Students who would like to visit the library at any other time must have a pass from their teacher.
- On late start days, library is intermittently open for quiet study only. Library services such as computer access, printing, or book check out are unavailable until 8:45 a.m.
Textbooks and/or Instructional Materials:
It is our responsibility as a school community to ensure all students have sufficient textbooks and/or instructional materials that are aligned to the content standards in the areas of mathematics, science, history-social science, English language arts, health, and foreign language. These textbooks and/or materials should be available for students to utilize when teachers assign class work, reading,and/or homework based upon information from the textbooks or instructional materials. If your child does not have the appropriate instructional materials for class, please contact the librarian, Paula Fox at 310.533.4396 ext. 7901, so that she can remedy the situation.
- ID cards are required to borrow library books.
- Items can be borrowed for two weeks.
- Several renewals are permitted.
- Late books will be charged a ten cent fee for each late day.
- Fines are only charged for days that school is in session.
- Students will be charged the full purchase price for lost or severely damaged books.
Independent Study Students:
- Students must call the library (ext. 7901) and setup an appointment to come to the library for their textbooks.
- A current THS ID is required.
- All books used for a previous class need to be returned prior to issuance of books for a new class.
- Appointments will be scheduled from 8:00am - 3:00pm.
- ID cards are required to borrow textbooks.
- Books should be covered to protect them.
- Put your name on the cover. Many books look alike.
- Students will be charged a fee for damaged books.
- Check your books for damage when they are issued. Notify the library immediately if your item is damaged.
- Permanent marks, graffiti or water damage may result in a charge for the entire purchase price of the book.
- All books are due by 1 pm on the last day of school. Each late book will result in a $5.00 late fee.
- Do not leave books in your locker at the end of the year.
- Textbooks should be stored at home. Lockers are for short term storage only.