Enrollment and Registration
Required JMS PRE- Registration Procedures
Pre-Registration must be completed by the last Friday in August for your Student to Enroll
- Parents must log on to PowerSchool and update all your student's information (except address). Before you can access your student information, you must create a new parent account (existing ParentConnect accounts will not work in PowerSchool). You need to have at least one student Access ID and Password to create an account. You will receive this information in the mail. If you do not have this information, contact our school.
- To set up a PowerSchool Account, click on this link for a "How To" Guide.
- Your PowerSchool information is included in our Summer Pre-Registration mailing to each family. Please remember the password is case sensitive.
- It is very important that you update all phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact information and student information. JMS communicates primarily via email, so please ensure you have a correct address and that notifications are not ending up in your SPAM/ Junk mail folder.
- Student email address must be student ID firstname.lastname@example.org (Example: email@example.com)
- If you have moved, you must bring in two current proofs of residence. Note: Only electric, gas, water/trash, cable/satellite or home/landline phone bills are accepted
- Important: If you do not update all the sections and check the box to confirm your pre-registration, your student will not be allowed to complete the pre-registration process in August for Jefferson Middle School.
Required JMS Registration Items to Return
ATTENTION PARENTS and STUDENTS –
You will not be allowed to complete registration if ALL required forms are not filled out correctly with all required parent signatures.
- Annual Notification of Rights and Responsibilities – Student & Parent/Guardian Signature REQUIRED for each of the following: (1) Acknowledgement of “Safe Schools” letter, (2) Student Acceptable Use of Electronic Information Resources and (3) Notification of Uniform Compliant Procedures.
- TUSD Health History Information form – Parent/Guardian signature required.
- Information Form in case of Accident – Parent/Guardian signature required.
- TUSD Media Release Form – Parent/Guardian signature required.
- Study Hall Enrollment – Student & Parent/Guardian required.
- 8th grade Promotion Activites Guide & Promotion Retention Policy - Student & Parent/Guardian signature required. (8th Grade Only)
- Bicycle/Skateboard/Scooter Permission Slip – Student & Parent/Guardian Signature required.
- TUSD Application for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals – Complete on-line
- Direct Donation Envelope
- PTSA Membership Envelope
- JMS Email Notification / Volunteer sign up form
- Lunch time Volunteer Form
- Yearbook Order From – Fill out and attach check
JMS Registration Days
Registration Packet Pick-Up:
JMS Registration Packets for the 2017-2018 School Year will be available for pick-up in the school cafeteria on Thursday, August 24, 2017 for all grades from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Registration Completed Packet Return:
JMS Completed Registration Packets are required to be returned on Thursday, August 31, 2017. We will be accepting and reviewing packets by grade level in the school cafeteria at the following times:
- Eighth Grade (8) - 9 am - 10 am
- Seventh Grade (7) - 10 am - 11 am
- Sixth Grade (6) - 11a m - 12 pm
Class Scheduling and Posting
First period classes are posted on our JMS cafeteria outside doors (facing Talisman Street) the evening prior to the First Day of School.
Specifics on the Class Posting time and dates vary each year and are emailed out prior to school starting for the year. On the First Day of School, students are to report to their first period classroom where they will then receive their Quarter I schedule.
17-18 Student Electives
Important points to consider during this elective process are: (1.) The choice you make does not guarantee a placement in the class. (2.) Many factors that go into each student’s elective placement. These factors include, but are not limited to grades, citizenship, teacher recommendation (i.e. foreign language at WHS and intervention classes at JMS) space in the class, enrollment to run an elective, and staffing. (3.) You may be placed into an alternative elective class (a 2nd or 3rd choice) and/or intervention class, which will be decided by the administration based on the above factors; even if you complete this form. (4.) The survey closes on Friday, June 9th at 11:59 p.m. Students who miss the survey will have an elective choices may not be honored depended on enrollment. To view Elective Google Form, the email used must be the Student’s ‘eTUSD’ account.
- Incoming 6th Gde Google Form Link
- Incoming 7th Grade Google Form Link
- 7th Grade Elective Descriptions
- 21st Century Journalism Course Application - Click Here