How to Contact A Counselor
Torrance Unified School Counseling
Our district provides counseling and therapy services to enhance students' mental health and emotional growth, creating a supportive environment for academic success and life fulfillment.
Many families are not aware of all the resources that are available to help struggling students and families, our goal is to make it easy to find tools to assist you.
Our counselors are available to assist students with:
- Academic skills support - organizational skills, goal-setting, monitoring interpersonal skills
- Classroom lessons, group counseling, and individual counseling
- High school, college, and career planning
- Crisis intervention and facilitating student/family referrals
These are our favorite sites, tools and resources to help you and your family:
Our Say Something Anonymous Reporting System is an anonymous 24/7 crisis call center that students and families can contact to report tips that someone may be a potential threat to themselves or others. This tool is a collaboration with the Sandy Hook Promise Foundation to enhance student safety and support the mental health of our students.
Our online gallery provides links to mental health and wellness resources including tools and techniques to manage stress, overcome challenges and create balance.
The Wellness Helpline is available from 9 a.m.- 3 pm, Monday-Thursday (closed on major holidays) via phone at (424) 757-4190 or by email at email@example.com. The Helpline is being answered by TUSD mental health and counseling support staff.
Our partnership with this website offers families easy-to-use resources and experiences of real students and families as they navigate improving social-emotional wellness and overcoming challenges.
Our TUSD Care Solace site helps you find a mental health professional for your student or another family member and lets you filter by issue, age, gender, insurance, and location.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Crisis Text Line: Text “HOME” to 741-741
- LA County Mental Health Services: (800) 854-7771
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services: (877) 727-4747
- The Trevor Project for Young LGBTQ Lives: (866) 488-7386
- National Runaway Safeline: (800) 786-2929
- Boys/Girls Town National Hotline: (800) 448-3000; text VOICE to 20121