Victor Kindergarten - Independent Study Plan
- Visit the TUSD specific link at http://clever.com/in/torrance
- Click on the “Login with Google” button.
- Enter your student’s email, which is IDemail@example.com. If you do not put in the @etusd.org, you will be unable to login.
- Enter your student’s password which is ID# with two capital letters. If you do not know what the password is, contact your students teacher.
- You will now be logged into Clever with access to Raz Kids, Google Drive, etc.
- You/your student can email their teacher via the following email addresses:
Please look on the victor website: www.victor.tusd.org and you can find your teacher’s webpage (next to their picture is a link. Click on that link and it will take you to your teacher’s webpage), email and any updated activities that are happening in your class.
- Room 1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room 2 - email@example.com
- Room 3 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room 4 - email@example.com
- Room K-1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room K-2 - email@example.com
Reading Daily reading 20 minutes -
Read to your child or have your child read to you. Talk about the book. Ask questions like:
- I wonder what will happen next...
- Why did they...
- This story is similar to/different than...
- My favorite part was__ because___
- I like the author because...
Raz-Kids- In order to go to the next level, make sure all the green checks are marked under each book.
Writing One journal entry per day- topic of your choice.
- Draw a picture, label the picture and write a story about the picture.
- Draw and write about a book you’ve read.
- Draw and write about what you like to do at home or school.
- Write about an animal and describe in detail what it looks like or write about a few interesting facts about an animal
- www.zearn.org- 15 minutes daily
- Practice writing and counting 1-20
- Count by 5’s and 10’s
- Practice simple addition and subtraction problems. (3+2, 5-1)
- Geometric shapes (flat shapes and 3-D shapes)
- Practice less than, more than or equal to
- Choose an activity to do from Clever
- Play I Spy ( a letter) game
- Listen to and make rhymes ( cat and bat)
- Clap syllables ( hap-py)
- CVC words (cat, dog, pig, pen, rub) - make real or make up words
- Practice beginning sounds and ending sounds in words
- Find letters on signs, toys, cereal boxes etc...