On Thursday, October 31, 2019 we will have our school wide Halloween parade @ 9:00 am.
Parade and Party Information
- Students will parade (9:00 a.m.) around the inside perimeter of the basketball courts in the upper playground (Parade will be cancelled if it rains).
- It's NOT mandatory to dress up. Non-participating students can go to the Cafeteria from 8:15-8:45 or upper playground from 8:30-8:45 a.m. they must go to class for attendance, then go to the Computer lab (Room 2) at 9 a.m. when the parade starts.
- Each class will have an assigned area and all parents are asked to stand behind their child's class during the parade. See Classroom Parade Map here.
- Your child's teacher or room parent will send out classroom activities details. Class Activities -Parent volunteers must be cleared through the office, minimum 5 days, prior to the parade.
- Please respect the TUSD Wellness Policy. Please don't send candy to school or sugary treats. Please visit http://www.tusd.org/nutrition-services/wellness-policy to review the TUSD Wellness Policy.
- *The office Team will not accept nor deliver any candy or sugary sweets to classrooms*
** SO please don't ask.**
Students should come to school already dressed in their costumes. Students are encouraged to dress up in costumes and join the parade; however, participation is completely voluntary. Please do not send costume props that are replicas of weapons (swords, knives, guns) or costumes that are gory or scary as they are not permissible in the school setting. Teachers and/or Principal will ask students to remove their costume if it's not school appropriate. Please send your child to school with a change of clothes, closed toe shoes and baby wipes to take off makeup. After the parade, all students will take off their costumes and put on regular clothes. Let's have fun, but remember it is a school event, so let's keep the attire appropriate. Families are welcome to come out to watch the parade and join in the fun.
After the morning parade, please don't sign children out early. The school day will continue and students will get themselves dressed and go back to class, "Ready to Learn".
Parking is limited so please walk to school or be prepared to park and walk onto campus. Please do not park in the valet line an cause a backup (8:20 - 8:55 a.m.). Please do not park in staff parking lots.