Freshman Basics for Parents and Students
Click here for the 2019 Freshman Basics Presentation
Interested in learning about West High's clubs, activities, and programs?Click here to view our Virtual Open House where you can learn about West High's signature clubs, activities, athletics, fine arts, and academic programs.
WELCOME CLASS OF 2024, YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND WARRIOR WELCOME
Presented by Freshman Focus
Tour the WHS campus. Play interactive, teambuilding games. Meet Freshman Focus delegates. Find old friends and make new ones!
Receive a crash-course in freshman survival.
Enjoy a yummy snack provided by the WHS PTSA.
Watch a video inside our new, beautiful Performing Arts Center.
Join us Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
Check-in starts at 10:30 in front of the Gym.
WARRIOR WELCOME GUIDELINES:
- Warrior Welcome is for students only.
- Student cell phones must be off from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- It’s usually hot this time of year. Dress accordingly.
- Eat before you come! Cafeterias will not be open. Bring bottled water, extra food and a few dollars in case vending machines are stocked.
- Enter through the Performing Arts Center gate on Victor St., near Del Amo Blvd.
- Head to the gym at 10:30am for check-in.
- Warrior Welcome begins at 11:00am.
- Registration follows directly after Warrior Welcome. Head to the library.
- Bring PowerSchool registration confirmation printout.
- You may purchase ASB at whs.tusd.org. Under “Quick Links” below the WHS picture (right side) click on “Webstore.” ASB can also be purchased at registration with a credit card.
- Your WHS ID/yearbook picture will be taken.
- Pick up schedule, books, locker assignment/combination. You will get room numbers the first day of school.
- TEXTBOOKS MUST BE COVERED.
- Interact Club will cover books for $1 per book. Most freshmen are assigned 5-7 books. Bring cash if you are interested in Interact covering your books.
- NEVER FORCE a book fully open. This breaks the binding and pages will eventually fall out. If the book is too stiff to cover or you hear cracking, stop! Get help when school starts.
- Staff will be available to address scheduling errors both during registration and the first week of school.
- You are only allowed schedule changes the first 10 days of school. See Course Policies on our WHS School Website under the ‘Academics’ tab: https://www.tusd.org/schools/west-high-school/academics/index
- Locker bays will be open weekdays from 8:00am-6:00pm. Plan accordingly
If you purchased ASB before registration, you get to use the
FAST-PASS Line during registration and get ahead of the line!