Since its founding in 1960, the Tower’s PTA has prided itself on being a supportive voice for children, a significant resource for parents, and a perpetual advocate for education in our school. The Parent - Teacher Association (PTA) is a self-governing unit that plans its programs and activities to meet the needs of children and youth in the community. Each PTA has its own characteristics, but the underlying purpose of promoting the welfare of children and youth unites all PTAs, and gives continuity and nationwide significance to their work.
PURPOSES OF THE PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship. ·
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members and empowering and supporting them with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication.