Policies & Procedures
Healthy Ever After Student Permission
The PTA Directory contains information about policies and practices at Towers as well as contact information for a variety of Towers' staff and non-staff.
Balloons and dogs are NEVER allowed at school
PARKING LOT REMINDER
- Visitors and volunteers can park in any unmarked space in the main parking lot. The marked spaces (Principal, Secretary, Health Asst, Office Asst, VIP, K1, K2, K3, K4, Custodian) are reserved.
- Please do not park along the valet curb during morning drop off (8:15-9:00) and afternoon pick up (2:15-3:30).
- Please do not block the gate when entering the parking lot. Do not pull into the gateway until your vehicle can pass all the way through. Our school parking lot needs to be accessible to emergency vehicles at all times.
- Please cross only at the crosswalk midway through the parking lot.
TALKING TO TEACHERS DURING SCHOOL HOURS - (8:30-3:15)
It is school policy that parents NOT go to the classroom to talk to teachers for any reason while school is in session (8:30-3:15), as this takes away from supervision and instructional time. If you wish to talk to a teacher, please send an email or leave a voicemail requesting they contact you. Their email addresses and phone extensions are listed on the website under SCHOOL INFO - Staff Directory.
DOGS NOT ALLOWED ON CAMPUS
Dogs are not allowed on campus at any time. If you bring your dog when you drop off or pick up your student, the dog must be on a leash, and you and the dog must remain on the opposite side of the parking lot from the office and classrooms.
Towers loves volunteers! In order to volunteer at school, every adult needs to provide 3 things to the office..
A TUSD volunteer application, which needs to be filled out every school year.
A photo id such as a driver’s license, which we will copy every school year.
And evidence of a negative TB test or screening from a doctor, within the last 4 years..
The volunteer application is on the school website, the TUSD website, and printed copies are available to pick up in the office.
Once you have been cleared to volunteer, you must sign in at the office on arrival and take a Volunteer badge. Volunteers must follow the volunteer policies (which are on pages 3 and 4 of the application). You will need to arrange volunteer times with your student’s teacher prior to arriving at school, or with the PTA persons in charge of a special event. Volunteers are not allowed on the playground during recesses and lunch recess, or in classrooms that you have not made prior arrangements to volunteer in for that specific time.
ADDRESS CHANGE POLICY
Families are required to report to the school office, in writing, any change of address within third (30) calendar days of moving. Proof of this change, generally two utility bills, is also required. If you have students at other TUSD schools as well as at Towers, you will need to go to the Enrollment Center with your change of address.
It is important to your family and to us at Towers that you receive all information that will be mailed home.
POSTERS DISPLAYED ON CAMPUS
- Any poster to be displayed on campus must be approved by the school prior to taping up.
- Posters may not be hung on the fence that goes along the front of school.
- Posters may not be hung on windows.
- Any posters hung on a painted surface must be taped with a tape that will not harm the paint or leave residue. For example, painters tape or masking tape. Please do NOT use duct tape or gorilla tape on any painted surface!
- Any posters hung on a brick surface will need duct tape or something similar in order to hold it.
- The office does not provide tape for hanging posters.