The 2020-2021 Theme is "I Matter Because... "
Submissions due October 16th.
The annual PTA Reflections contest encourages artistic expression through a school-wide, regional, state, and national art competition. This program recognizes young artists in all grades for their creativity, artistic skills, and interpretation of the contest’s theme. At Riviera Elementary, we celebrate students for their creative explorations, expressions, and endeavors. All participating students will be recognized, and entries will be on display at school. Although this is a contest, our emphasis is on creation- not competition. Submission Guidelines:
Students may enter in more than one category, but just one submission per category.
Each student may submit one entry per art category. Most students only submit an entry in one or two categories. Only original works of art are accepted.
The six art areas are:
- Literature: works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition: original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts 2-D: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage and printmaking.
- Visual Arts 3-D: Architecture: carpentry, ceramics, crafts, design, dioramas, fiber work, jewelry, kites, metal etching/punch work, mobiles, sculpture and wind chimes.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
For additional information, visit https://capta.org/programs-events/reflections/
Special Artist Division
The National PTA special artist division is an option for students with a disability as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act(ADA). Generally, rules and guidelines within the special artists division are intended to ensure accessibility to the National PTA Reflections® program and are modeled after the guidelines outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Complete details are included in the Special Artist Rules.
All entries are due in the fall/winter school schedule. And all due dates and drop off Locations will be sent out in school eblast and newsletter each fall of school year.
- Students’ works will be judged by grade divisions: Primary (k-2nd) & Intermediate (3rd-5th)
- Every entry must include an artist statement that reflects the artist’s inspiration for the work and how it relates to the theme.
- Judging criteria:
- Artistic merit/creativity - 25%
- Mastery of the medium - 25%
- Interpretation of the theme- through artwork and artist statement - 50%
- The student’s name shouldn’t appear on the front of the art. It unfortunately will disqualify the entry DVD or USB drives are accepted for dance, film and music. We highly recommend using USB only. We’ve seen too many read errors with DVD’s and would hate for an entry to be disqualified because of it.
- For visual 2-D & 3-D art, the maximum size is 24”x30” with matting.
- 3-D art entries must be submitted in the form of three photographs.
- Wrapping art is not required for submission. Mounting the art on matte board is suggested but not required. Don’t let these things prevent your student from entering.
- For any forms visit: https://capta.org/resource/participant-forms/
- All entries must have entry form fully and correctly filled out and attached to entry to be qualified
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com