Reflections entries are due October 11th. Please submit your entries to your teacher or the front office.
The Reflections Program is a National PTA and California State PTA cultural arts program that gives students confidence in their abilities to explore ideas and learn through the arts!
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works.
The 2019-2020 theme is “Look Within”
The art categories are:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
The age divisions are:
- Primary (Pre-K-Grade 2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Special Artist (All Grades)
If your child would like to participate, please pick up a form from the office. For more details visit https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections
All entries are due: Friday, October 11th.
A professional panel of judges will be viewing all entries. The PTA chair will notify winners during assembly and there will be a viewing of all entries in the cafeteria.
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade level:
- Primary: Preschool-Grade 2
- Intermediate: Grades 3-5
- Special Artist: All grades welcome
- Entrants must submit their artwork and student entry form by the deadline date.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only.
- An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only.
- Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry.
- Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement.
- Communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme and the content of the work
- Must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries.
- If used in dance choreography and film production entries, background music must be cited on the entry form.
- Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Use of PowerPoint templates are prohibited.