2021-2022 Reflections Contest
Explore the Arts and Express Yourself... Submit your Reflections Entry Today!
Deadline extended to Friday, October 15th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Reflections is a creative arts recognition program sponsored by the PTA on the local, state, and national levels, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education. Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 nationwide create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
This year's theme is: I Will Change the World By...
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Students participate in the appropriate division for their grade:
- Primary (Pre-K - Grade 2),
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5), or
- Special Artist (All grades welcome). Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities.
Steps to Enter Edison PTA's 2021-2022 Reflections Contest
This year, ALL entries MUST BE SUBMITTED DIGITALLY, ONLINE! To submit your entry, follow these instructions:
- Download and review the Official Rules and National PTA Entry Form.
- Decide in which category you will create your Artwork. Click the category name below to download and review the official Category Guidelines for your entry. (You may submit multiple entries, up to one for each category. Categories: Dance Choreography, Literature, Photography, Film Production, Music Composition, Visual Arts, Special Artist Division)
- Create your Artwork!! Be sure to follow the rules from the Entry Form and Category Guidelines.
- Fill out the National PTA Entry Form (one for each piece of artwork you are submitting). You may fill and sign the Entry Form digitally using Adobe or some other PDF editor. Or you may print it out, fill it out by hand, and then scan it and create one new pdf with all of the pages.
- Take pictures, scan your work, and create your digital files.
- Click here to go to the digital submission form at: https://tinyurl.com/EdisonReflections21
- Submit your entry digitally, online by Friday, October 15th, 2021! You must fill out the online submission form AND upload the completed National PTA Entry Form AND all digital files (ie: pdf, mp3, mp4, jpg, png) as outlined on the online submission form. Your entry is not complete unless all necessary files are attached to the online submission form.
- All participants must follow Arts Category Submission Guidelines and if applicable, Special Artist Division rules.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted. Each entry must be the original work of one student only.
- An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work. Because the program is designed to encourage and recognize each student’s individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed except in the Special Artist Division. Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only.
- Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry. See the specific arts category rules and special artist division rules for details.
- Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries. If used in dance choreography and film production entries, background music must be cited on the entry form. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Use of PowerPoint templates are prohibited.
If you have any questions regarding this year's Reflections Contest, please contact Carissa Baumhart at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Page updated 9/19/21)