Edison Weekly News
May 23, 2022
Good Morning Edison Eagles! The recording of the assembly was aired in the classrooms. Please check your email for the link to view the recording of the assembly.
Here are the notes from the assembly:
Keeping it R.E.A.L Students of the Week!
Congratulations to our Raffle award winners:
Bentley B, Isabella M, Luis C, Kyle M, Kiara G, Victoria R, Max B, Sophia S, Minh N, and Serafina W.
Here are our Weekly Award Star Students being recognized for Keeping it REAL with Respect, Empathy, Awareness, and Learning:
Everett R, Olivia V, Melanie A, Carolyn L, Cody H, Audrey M, Juliana A, Cole F, Sahaley H, Hadi M, Adelina B, and Angel O.
Keep up your great work! Your certificate will be sent to your class.
Yearbook Contest Cover
Congratulations MARINA L., 5th grade student in Ms. Marquez’ Class. Her art work will be highlighted as the cover of our 21-22 Yearbook!
Smarter Balanced Test Schedule: Last week
Please come to school on time and be respectful of the classes needing quiet. Last day to make up Tuesday 5/31.
Gate Enrichment Class
May 26th 3:15 - 4:30 in room 13 by invitation. Permission slips will go out today.
Student Council Garden Project
3 years of overgrowth was cleaned out with the help of our hardworking student council and 3 North High school alumni. Thank you PTA parent, Armita Blain for taking lead on this project.
Multicultural Celebration: Family traditions and heritage packet
All students that complete this flip book by May 27 will receive a Golden Ticket. Please complete all tasks! If yours is returned because it is incomplete, you need to return by Friday.
PBIS Student Store 5/31 - 6/2 Schedule
Need parent volunteers. See the schedule in the assembly slideshow emailed to parents.
Expanded Learning Opportunity Program (ELOP) 2022-23
2022-23 school year free after school program until 6:00 pm - by invitation last week. You can sign up until Friday, May 27th, or you will be on a waitlist.
YMCA Before and After School Care Registration for Fall 2022 is open
Visit: https://ymcala.org/programs/child-care/school-age-child-care for more information.
For general questions, comments, concerns or inquiries, please email: ChildCare@ymcaLA.org.
5th Grade Parents
Click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094ca5a629a2fb6-edison to volunteer for the 5th grade picnic, to be held on June 10th, or to donate items.
Save the Date: Family Fun Night - Fri June 3 - 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Edison's Family Fun NIght will be held on Friday, June 3rd from 5 PM - 8 PM. There will be food for sale, carnival games, raffle baskets, arts & crafts, the Student Art Show, and much more.
Early Bird Ticket Sales will be on May 31 - June 3 after school until 3:30 at the front of the school. The food and raffle baskets require cash. Click here to download the flyer for more information.
Hope to see you there!
Request for Conflict Mediation
Students can request help to resolve conflicts or a teacher can refer their students. The school counselor will schedule a time to help students resolve conflicts.
Yearbooks can still be purchased online at: https://tr5.treering.com/create-account/101566244081951. You will be charged for shipping to your home. Yearbooks purchased online now may not arrive by the end of the school year.
A limited number of yearbooks will be available to purchase in-person for $35 (cash or check only) after school, from June 13th-June 15th, while supplies last. Spirit Wear will also be available for purchase at this time.
PTA Membership: # Pepperonis on each class
Currently we have 273 Pepperonis (56% of our school membership)! Our goal is to have 100% membership from our Edison Families.
Check out the cafeteria bulletin board. Each Pepperoni represents a PTA member from that class. The class with 100% PTA Membership will receive a Pizza Party!
Join PTA at: tinyurl.com/YesEdisonPTA
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
- MON 5/23 - THU 26 Last week to turn in library books
- MON 5/30 Memorial Day Holiday
- TUE 5/31 NHS Senior Walk
- TUE 5/31 5th Grade Promotion Picture Retake
- FRI 6/3 Family Fun Night Fair 5-8pm
EDISON SPIRIT WEAR SPRING SALE
IF YOUR CHILD IS COVID POSITIVE
Please complete the following self-reporting if your child is Covid Positive. If your child was requested to test because they are a close contact, please also complete the self-reporting form.
Any student who tests positive should notify us using this provided reporting link.
ATTENDANCE - KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME IF THEY ARE SICK
- In an abundance of caution, please keep your child at home if they are ill. Be sure to contact our school health assistant, Mrs. Marlene Abe if you think your child has any Covid Symptoms, needs to quarantine/isolate because a family member is Covid positive, or just for any advice about your child’s illness. You can reach Mrs. Abe at Abe.Marlene@tusd.org, or call 310-533-4513 x 2883.
- If your child is absent for any other reason, please email EdisonAttendance@tusd.org, email the teacher or call the office and dial extension #2.
- If your child will be absent three or more days, please contact your child’s teacher and the office for an independent contract to get a work packet and receive attendance credit.
- For the safety of the staff and students, we will be requiring medical grade masks or KN95 for staff and volunteers to wear.
PLEASE SUPPORT EDISON
You can easily support Edison elementary by signing up or tying Edison to your Amazon as well as Ralphs’s purchases.
Amazon Smile donates 5% of your eligible purchases to the charity of your choice.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Sign in using your amazon.com login
- Select Edison Elementary PTA & Amazon donates to us!!
Ralphs and Food-4-Less has partnered with Edison PTA to help support our school. Register your Ralphs Rewards card and Edison will receive a percentage of your purchases.
- Once you login/set up an account on www.ralphs.com, enter your email address/password.
- On the top right corner go to “My Account”
- Link your card to Edison elementary school by typing either our school name or our NPO number KP828, and
- Click on Enroll.
FOLLOW US ON #SOCIAL MEDIA & CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO STAY INFORMED.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/EdisonTorrance
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/EdisonTorrance
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/edison.in.torrance
- Edison's YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBW1ZEGV3ARCJuzxGP75TpQ/videos
Torrance Unified School District Communications
District Communications regarding the 2020-2021 school year and the re-opening of school have been sent out periodically via email. If you have not received these communications, please update your email address in PowerSchool so that you can receive them.
Most communications are also posted on the District's website. Click here to go to the District's News page for the most recent news and information.