Distance Learning Plans for Edison Students
On this page, you will find the updates to the Distance Learning Plans that teachers are sending out to students and parents via email on the dates indicated. Click the dates on the tabs below to read each update. If you are not receiving these updates via email, please contact the school office at 310-533-4513 or email Debbi Heenan at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can figure out why you are not receiving them.
Continuity of Learning Lessons for March 30 – April 1
Note: These links open in a new window. If they do not open, then turn off your pop-up blocker.
- Transitional Kindergarten: Click here for TK lessons
- Kindergarten: Click here for Kinder lessons
- First Grade: Click here for 1st Grade lessons
- Second Grade: Click here for 2nd Grade lessons
- Third Grade: Click Here for 3rd Grade lessons
- Fourth Grade: Click here for 4th Grade Lessons
- Fifth Grade: Click Here for 5th Grade lessons
March 30, 2020
Dear Edison Families,
Your child’s teacher has directly sent the lessons for this week to your email, however just in case you are not able to open your email, I am uploading (see below) the lessons onto our school’s website.
Due to virtual school staff development, your child’s Spring break is beginning early on April 2nd through April 10th. Starting April 13, Virtual Learning will begin. Be sure your child logs into Clever.com/in/Torrance Monday through Thursdays to check for daily lessons on Google Classroom and checks their email.
It will be important that your child has access to a device daily. If you need to check out a Chromebook, please come to the office between 9 am – 1 pm this week on Mon, Tue,
I also hope everyone has had an opportunity to review your child’s progress report on PowerSchool. Please note the progress report reflects information up to March 13th.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or call 310-533- 4513. If you would like to leave a voice message, please dial either Extension 2881 or 2880.
Continuity of Learning Lessons for March 17th - 27th
Please click here to access the links for the Distance Learning Lesson Plans for March 17th - 27th.
Note: This link opens in a new window. If it does not open then disable your pop-up blocker.
March 16, 2020
Dear Edison Families,
I hope you are all well. Thank you for your continued partnership and support as we finalize our efforts to ensure the continuity of learning for your students during our school closure. Preparing in such a short amount of time for our school closure has been and will continue to be a total team effort, from every district department to every team member on our campus.
Please know the following:
- How will students retrieve materials? On Tuesday of this week, the school office will be open to students who were absent on Friday to pick up any materials your teacher has packaged for you. You may pick up any necessary personal belongings as well. The pickup time is Tuesday between 9:00 am to 12:00 pm only.
- How will parents communicate with the office or staff? After Tuesday at 12 noon, the school offices will be closed for face to face questions or requests; instead please call 310-533-4513 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
- How will teachers communicate with students and families? Each teacher will establish a block of time to be available between the hours of 8:00 - 3:00.This will be done via email, google meets, or phone calls.
- How will counselors and other individual support staff communicate with students and families? Counselors, and other services will be available via email, and potentially via telephone or remote computer applications like Google Meets. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should I continue finishing up the STEAM Fair project? Yes, you may although this is optional. We still intend to judge them when school resumes. You may need to take photos to document your results.
- Starting Tuesday, there will be free breakfast and lunch for students at Edison and a few other sites. Information is available here.
- If your child does not have access to an electronic device, please contact the office as we may have a loaner chromebook available on Tuesday.
- If you do not have internet access at home, there is free internet for 60 days. Read this article for more information.
The plan for the continuity of learning for your child during this closure can be found by clicking here. Please know that we are doing everything we can to provide appropriate instruction so that when regular school resumes he or she will be ready.
You will be receiving continued communication from me when there are updates about COVID-19, updates about student learning, and/or updates regarding our school closure. You can also go to our district’s website www.tusd.org for accurate, reliable, and factual information. Please know that communication is our greatest tool. Please reach out if you have questions or need support.