Use of Facilities
To Use Carr Facilities
Torrance Unified School District and Carr Elementary School welcomes community use of our facilities. TUSD launched a user-friendly online Civic Permits program that offers the public easier access to school facilities. Beginning January 1st, 2017, paper permits will no longer be accepted at the school site. Please read the application procedures below.
Renter’s Use of Facilities Application Procedures:
Renters must complete a permit application online at https://tusd.civicpermits.com. Applications shall be entered at least 14 days in advanced and submitted no earlier than 6 months prior to use. Please be advised that school events take priority. Use of facility is not authorized until user receives notification of an approved permit.
If you this is your first time requesting to use a TUSD facility, you MUST submit the required documents listed below for Administrative Services review. Please allow 5-10 business days for approval of group classification (Group 1: Non-Profit; Group 2: Direct Cost; Group 3: Fair Rental Value). Group fee schedule can be found here.
New Groups/Users: The following documents must be uploaded to https://tusd.civicpermits.com for district review:
- Mission Statement
- Non-Profit status (IRS 501-C3 or CA Secretary of State determination) if applicable.
- Financial records showing sources of “revenue” received and “expenses” incurred.
- Certificate of Insurance, naming Torrance Unified School District as Certificate Holder and as the additional insured with a copy of the endorsement attached. (Sample of Insurance Certificate) (Sample of Endorsement)
Ongoing Facility Users and Approved Users:
- Complete facility reservation on https://tusd.civicpermits.com.
- Current Certificate of Insurance should be uploaded under “Insurance” tab
All Use of Facilities rentals are “pre-approved” by the site and must include the estimated hours for custodial if applicable. Application will be reviewed by site designee for availability. Upon approval, an invoice will be generated. Applications are then processed by Administrative Services Personnel. Final approval is granted when payment has been received and insurance documentation is reviewed. Applications will be denied without the required documents. If applications are submitted in less than 14 days prior to the event, there is no guarantee rental will be approved. You must carry a printed copy of your approved permit at all times during your event.
Questions about Facility Use should be directed to Frances Capistrano at (310)972-6064 or at send an email