Adventures In Art (AIA)
Philosophy and Goals
The philosophy of Adventures In Art emphasizes problem solving that allows the child to determine the desired end result.
- The Adventures In Art experience for children should:
- Exercise their powers of observation and imagination
- Stimulate their motivation to learn
- Encourage them to make choices
- Inspire them to be flexible and to adapt
- Show them how to go from an unknown to a known
Adventures In Art draws children into their subject matter rather than just telling them about it. Children have the freedom to touch, handle, and experiment with various art materials and techniques. They are encouraged to look, to ask questions and to find their own truths. This approach fosters self-esteem and the understanding and acceptance of our differences.