Arlington PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
To join the PTA, click on the image above. It will take you to our online PTA Membership portal called Totem.
The Arlington Elementary PTA is a non-profit, volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children. We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential. We believe parents are children's first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child's educational experience. We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and we recognize that the family may be defined in many ways. We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.
Purposes of the PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
MISSION STATEMENT The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families. - Adopted October 2013