Anza Elementary School highly values our local unit of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and encourages your support and participation.
The PTA holds Association meetings five times per year, in conjunction with school wide evening activities.
Dates and times are listed in the school green book calendar.
Welcome to a new year of school and a new year of PTA. As we start the year, remember that our focus should be on the children, the children in your home, the children in our school and the children in our community.
If this is your first year at Anza Elementary School, I would like to welcome you. If you are a returning family, I know that you are as excited as we are to be starting the school year up again. Welcome everybody!!
As I start my first term as your PTA President, I am looking forward to collaborating with our principal, Mrs. DiVincenzo, our amazing teachers and staff, and our invaluable PTA Board to provide an excellent learning experience for our children.
I encourage each and every one of you to become a part of our team. For the PTA to be effective and truly representative of the school, everyone’s participation is essential. Many of you feel you cannot participate in the PTA because you are not able to come to
meetings or be at the school during the day. We want everyone to feel that they are a part of our school and community. Whether you have 30 minutes or a couple of hours, your ideas, your time, your talents and simply your voice is truly needed. We can match your time constraints and interests to needed tasks. There are endless possibilities in ways you can help!
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit the children. By joining the PTA, you will help ensure that the school can continue to provide programs, events, facilities, and materials to our children and their teachers. You will be helping to give your child, and all children at Anza, the best possible educational experiences.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible this year. Please feel free to reach out to me at AnzaPTAPrez@gmail.com if you have any questions or suggestions.
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted."
Thank you and have a wonderful year!!!
Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as well secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
PTA Mission Statement
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
- Adventures in Art: PTA funds and trains the volunteer docents to bring interesting and meaningful art experiences into the classroom several times throughout the school year.
- Anza Copy Club: PTA organizes and trains volunteers to do the copying that teachers need done daily, allowing the teachers to focus on their students.
- Assemblies: Educational assemblies are arranged for and funded by the PTA working with the school staff.
- Communicator: Volunteers collate fliers from the office, district, PTA, and community. These are put into packets to come home on Wednesdays, so parents always know when to expect information to be in their children's backpacks.
- Community Activities: The PTA organizes and sponsors a range of events that include firefighter, military, and police recognition; community-service projects; and book, food and toy drives.
- Emergency Preparedness:The PTA is vital in the organization and equipping of Anza's program for emergency and disaster preparedness. This includes first-aid supplies, safety equipment, and basic survival needs for the students in case of a significant emergency event.
- Family Events: Throughout the year, the PTA schedules and sponsors events to encourage families to get together with their children and with other families. These include picnics, evening programs, and other fun activities for all ages.
- Library: The school library is staffed by PTA volunteers who enable classes to visit weekly. The only funding for books in the library comes from the PTA.
- Room Representatives: Room representatives (reps) serve as a liaison between the teacher, parents, and the PTA to recruit volunteers for field trips, class parties, and major school events. Parents interested in serving as a room rep should contact their child's teacher.
- Technology: The technology committee of the PTA has been instrumental in the upgrading of computers in the classrooms and the computer lab, and continues to work to maintain up-to-date equipment and software for the students at Anza.
- Other programs include the support of P.E./recess equipment purchases, the Bike Rodeo, Science Fair, the Reflections Program, Activity Day, Red Ribbon Day (Drug Awareness), Beautification, Memory Books (yearbooks), student end-of-year awards, the Talent Show, Dr. Seuss Day, and a multicultural celebration.
- Fund-raisers: The PTA is not a fundraising organization. However, it is necessary to sponsor fund-raisers in order to provide the programs mentioned above. The PTA sponsors two major fund-raisers annually, one in the Fall and another in Spring.
- For a complete listing of activities and programs sponsored by the PTA, and the chairperson for each, please refer to the Anza Student Handbook.
If you have any questions or would like to help with any of these programs, please contact the person in charge of the program, the responsible Vice-President or the President.