Anza Elementary School highly values our local unit of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and encourages your support and participation.
The PTA holds Association meetings five times per year, in conjunction with school wide evening activities.
Dates and times are listed in the school green book calendar.
It takes a village--VOLUNTEER
Dear Anza Families and Friends,
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! I'm excited to take on the role of PTA president this year and I look forward to working together, continuing to make Anza an amazing and fun place to learn and grow. PTA is for all parents, teachers, and students. Your membership is your voice in the school and you are encouraged to attend all of our meetings and events. Together we strengthen our children's learning and our entire school. Join today!
As a PTA, we work collaboratively to support the many programs and activities Anza offers students and families. Volunteering not only helps the school, the students, and your child, it also helps you connect with your child's experience here at Anza. Please remember that every act, small or large makes a big difference when we're working together. We cannot succeed alone, and I encourage you to find a volunteer opportunity that works for you.
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." Helen Keller
Please join us and find out how you can help.
Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as well secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
PTA Mission Statement
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
PTA Association Meetings, 6:00pm Cafeteria:
October 1, 2020 Book Fair Family Night
December 17, 2020 "Cookies and Cocoa"
February 25, 2020 Members Night
May 27, 2021 Open House (5:15pm)
June 2, 2020 End of the Year Celebration
- Adventures in Art: PTA funds and trains the volunteer docents to bring interesting and meaningful art experiences into the classroom several times throughout the school year.
- Anza Copy Club: PTA organizes and trains volunteers to do the copying that teachers need done daily, allowing the teachers to focus on their students.
- Assemblies: Educational assemblies are arranged for and funded by the PTA working with the school staff.
- Communicator: Volunteers collate fliers from the office, district, PTA, and community. These are put into packets to come home on Wednesdays, so parents always know when to expect information to be in their children's backpacks.
- Community Activities: The PTA organizes and sponsors a range of events that include firefighter, military, and police recognition; community-service projects; and book, food and toy drives.
- Emergency Preparedness:The PTA is vital in the organization and equipping of Anza's program for emergency and disaster preparedness. This includes first-aid supplies, safety equipment, and basic survival needs for the students in case of a significant emergency event.
- Family Events: Throughout the year, the PTA schedules and sponsors events to encourage families to get together with their children and with other families. These include picnics, evening programs, and other fun activities for all ages.
- Library: The school library is staffed by PTA volunteers who enable classes to visit weekly. The only funding for books in the library comes from the PTA.
- Room Representatives: Room representatives (reps) serve as a liaison between the teacher, parents, and the PTA to recruit volunteers for field trips, class parties, and major school events. Parents interested in serving as a room rep should contact their child's teacher.
- Technology: The technology committee of the PTA has been instrumental in the upgrading of computers in the classrooms and the computer lab, and continues to work to maintain up-to-date equipment and software for the students at Anza.
- Other programs include the support of P.E./recess equipment purchases, the Bike Rodeo, Science Fair, the Reflections Program, Activity Day, Red Ribbon Day (Drug Awareness), Beautification, Memory Books (yearbooks), student end-of-year awards, the Talent Show, Dr. Seuss Day, and a multicultural celebration.
- Fund-raisers: The PTA is not a fundraising organization. However, it is necessary to sponsor fund-raisers in order to provide the programs mentioned above. The PTA sponsors two major fund-raisers annually, one in the Fall and another in Spring.
- For a complete listing of activities and programs sponsored by the PTA, and the chairperson for each, please refer to the Anza Student Handbook.
If you have any questions or would like to help with any of these programs, please contact the person in charge of the program, the responsible Vice-President or the President.