Health Office Hours: 8:35 AM - 3:12 PM
Registered Nurse: Tawny Baird
Health Assistant: Cynthia Maldonado
Guidelines for Students with Symptoms of Illness
In order to protect the health of all students and staff at school and prevent the spread of illness, the Chart (on the following page) from the TUSD Health Services department is provided to help parents determine when to keep a student with symptoms home from school. If your student has symptoms at school, school personnel will evaluate the student to determine if he/she should remain in school. (California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Public Health 2526).
Please be certain that your child’s Online “Emergency” Card lists at least one adult living in the area who would be willing to assume responsibility for your sick or injured child during school hours. Also, we recommend that you check with local hospitals regarding pre-arranged programs at their locations to care for ill children.
Torrance Unified School District's Health Services has issued forms related to medication for children on the school campus.
Student Health and Medication
These policies are for the protection of all children.
Casts, Braces, Splints:
Children wearing casts, braces, and/or splints may only be re-admitted to school with the three following clearances:
- Notes from family physician indicating extent of injury and restrictions of physical activities.
- Written release by parent.
- Approval of the principal.
* Students wearing casts or braces must remain in the school office during recess and lunches.
Information from our Health Office:
- Information for all parents
- Authorization for Medication at School
- Authorization for Epi-pen
- Report of Health Examination for School Entry (CHDP) DUE PRIOR TO STARTING 1st GRADE
- Oral Health Form DUE BY MAY 31 OF FIRST YEAR OF SCHOOL (KINDERGARTEN OR FIRST GRADE)
-Parents are allowed to excuse students from P.E. for one day. After one day, a doctor’s note is required and there must be an end date or date of the next doctor's appointment.
Please speak to the Health Services team at Anza if you have any questions. You can call the school office at 310-533-4559.