TK-8th Permits will be available & accepted for the 2020-2021 School Year beginning March 2, 2020 at the Family Welcome Enrollment Center
Inter-District (Incoming) Permits for Non-Residents:
TUSD's Family Welcome Enrollment Center will accept TK/K-8 Incoming Permit requests between March and July for the upcoming school year (official date varies annually). The district will continue to accept Incoming Permit requests for new students year round; however, complete permit requests received on/or before July 10th, 2020 will receive priority processing.
FUTURE TERM PERMIT REQUESTS: Complete Permit Applications received up to 15 calendar days before the start of the school year are considered future term requests. Notification of acceptance or denial will be provided as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the beginning of instruction for TUSD's school year.
CURRENT YEAR PERMIT REQUESTS: Complete Permit Applications received 15 calendar days before the start of the TUSD school year or anytime there after are considered current year requests. Notification of acceptance or denial will be provided within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received.
Family Welcome Enrollment Center
2336 Plaza Del Amo
Torrance, CA 90501
Receipt of an approved release DOES NOT guarantee acceptance by the district.
Students must remain enrolled at their district of residence or enroll in a private/charter school of their choice until an acceptance is granted.
If you fail to submit any of the above referenced items along with your permit application it will be considered incomplete and WILL NOT be processed.
- Parent/Guardian photo ID
- TUSD Outgoing Permit Application
- Students most recent report card
- One Proof of residence in the parent/guardian name (please refer to TUSD's "Residence Verification" for acceptable proofs of residence)
- Documentation to support the reason for the request:
- Continuing Student - must provide a copy of the student's most recent report card
- Parent Employment - must provide a letter or most recent pay stub from parent's employer
- Child Care - must provide a letter or proof of enrollment from the child care provider
- Sibling - must provide a copy of the sibling's most recent report card
- Other - parent must provide written explanation and provide supporting documentation
Please be advised that only one application can be submitted to your choice of High School and TUSD's High Schools process their own permits.
High Schools may have different dates of acceptance, see individual High School website or contact them directly for more information.