Online services available during COVID-19 closure of public buildings.
- Completed Enrollment Forms
- Proof of Age (birth certificate or passport)
- Immunization Records (Must be fully immunized to enroll)
- 2 Proofs of Residence in parent/legal guardian name, dated within last 60 days
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- All enrollment for grades TK-12 are processed by the Family Welcome Enrollment Center Monday-Friday 8am-3pm.
- Our offices are currently closed to the public and enrollments are being processed online.
- If you have questions you can email us at email@example.com
- You must have a valid address within the Torrance Unified School District attendance area or have been accepted on permit in the Torrance Unified School District.
- If all documents required are not provided for enrollment, we will be unable to enroll the child in school.
- Enrollment for the current school year is ongoing, however please note that when enrolling that students must be ready to start school the next day.
- participate in activities of the school or licensed child care provider of a child;
- find, enroll, or re-enroll a child in a school or with a licensed child care provider; or
- address a "child care provider or school emergency."
- Only 8 of the 40 hours may be used to find, enroll, or re-enroll a child.
Here’s what you will need to enroll your child in school
- Completed Enrollment Forms
- Proof of Age:
- Your child’s original birth certificate or passport
- Other appropriate means (contact the Enrollment Center for more information)
- Immunization Records:Your child’s original and up to date immunization record
- Yellow Cardor Printout from Dr.or clinic
- Must have child’s name and date of birth
- Each immunization given must have a date and stamp
- Name and Address of the Doctor/Facility providing the information must be indicated on a printout
- Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Two Different Proofs of Residence:To verify residence two of the following documents with the parent/guardian's name and home address must be presented.
- Proof must show matching service name/address on the top and bottom portion of the bill:Utility Bills (top portion of bill must be presented and it must be dated within 60 days)
- Utility bills such as: Electric, Gas, Water, Trash, Cable/Satellite, Home Phone, Internet
- We will not accept utility bills with disconnect notices or past due notices with due dates that have passed.
- Most current Mortgage Statement or Property Tax Bill (Current Year)
- Lease/Rental Agreement (Complete with Signatures of All Parties)
- The following are NOT acceptable proofs of residence: Cell phone bills, bills with disconnect notices, screenshots/profiles, or bills showing c/o or % next to the parents name
- For more information on providing proof of residence please refer to the quick links download for acceptable proofs of residence or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most Recent School Records
- Your child’s most recent report card or transcript if the student attended school prior to enrollment in TUSD
- IEP or 504 Plan - if your student is currently receiving services or has received services in the past
Once you have all of the required documentation you will need to visit the Family Welcome Enrollment Center to complete the enrollment process.
At this time a staff member will review your documents and if all required documentation is present you will proceed to see an Enrollment Technician to finalize enrollment, the process could take anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour depending on the amount of enrollments for that day.
Please note that if you are enrolling for the current school year, your child must be prepared to start the next day.
Your child does not need to be present during the enrollment process.
Enrollments are only accepted prior to 3pm daily (except for special circumstances posted) to ensure all enrollments are completed by the end of the business day.
Please be advised that during peak enrollment times enrollment processing may be cutoff earlier than 3pm due to the high volume of enrollments.
- Transitional Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in transitional kindergarten must be five (5) years old between September 2 and December 2 in the school year for which you are enrolling, no exceptions.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year which you are enrolling.
- TUSD Residents - Enrollment at your school of residence is not guaranteed beyond the start of the school year. If there is not space in your students grade level at the time of enrollment he/she will be placed at the closest school with available space in their grade level. .
- Victor Elementary Residents - Space at Victor Elementary is limited and may be at capacity in your child's grade level at all times. Students will be placed where space is available.
- Prospective new students/parents we are unable to provide space information prior to enrollment via email, in person or over the phone. Enrollment space availability changes daily and we are unable to anticipate space availaibilty at the time of enrollment.
It is recognized that students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of their same chronological age. The link below provides TUSD's guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level. Please be advised: if student is in a grade other than that for which they are age appropriate you must bring their most recent report card with you at the time of enrollment, students enrolling into a U.S. school for the first time will be placed strictly by the age appropriate grade placement guidelines.