Spanish Two-Way Dual Language Immersion Program
Start Your Student On the Path to Biliteracy Today!
Nuevo programa de inmersión bidireccional en español en dos idiomas ¡
Empiece hoy a su estudiante en el camino hacia la alfabetización bilingüe!
TUSD offers a Two-Way Dual Language Immersion Program for incoming kindergarten students in Spanish at two Elementary Schools - Carr and Torrance Elementary Schools. *Please Note: Priority enrollment in the Dual Immersion Program will be given to incoming students whose school of residence is one of these 2 schools.
Dual language immersion is an educational model that integrates native English speakers and native speakers of a target language in the same classroom for the entire school day. This Program provides a choice for parents who want their children to become fluent in two languages while developing academic skills in core subjects. The Two-Way Dual Language Spanish program is designed for 3 types of students:
- English Learners whose home language is Spanish
- Bilingual students who speak Spanish and English
- English proficient students
To learn more about the TUSD Spanish Dual Immersion Program please watch this introduction video:
- AGE OF ADMISSION: If your child is eligible to enroll in Kindergarten in the Fall you can apply for the dual language program.
- Kindergarten eligibility for the 2022-2023 school year is for students with Dates of Birth between 9/2/2016-9/1/2017
- The program will take applications from both native Spanish & English speakers.
- Native Spanish speakers will need to take a short assessment to ensure they are Spanish speakers.
- Apply for a permit if outside TUSD
- Apply for Open Enrollment if you are not a resident in the Carr or Torrance ES area
- If applicant qualifies they will be notified.
- If applicant does not meet the criteria, they will be entered into the English only application category.
Last day for application for First round of acceptance is March 18th, 2022.
- If accepted, this becomes your new permanent school.
- Transportation is not provided and is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- The Dual Language Program is a multi-year commitment. Students are expected to remain in the school and program through the end of 5th grade.
- Parent Info Session and Q&A (Jan. 2022)
- Programa de inmersión en dos idiomas
- Preguntas frecuentes sobre inmersión en dos idiomas
- Carr Elementary School - Virtual Tour
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.