New Spanish Two-Way Dual Language Immersion Program
Start Your Student On the Path to Biliteracy Today!
Nuevo programa de inmersión bidireccional en español en dos idiomas ¡
Empiece hoy a su estudiante en el camino hacia la alfabetización bilingüe!
- English Learners whose home language is Spanish
- Bilingual students who speak Spanish and English
- English proficient students
Watch the Parent Information Session and Q&A (February 10, 2021):
- AGE OF ADMISSION: If your child is five years old, or will be five on or before September 1, 2021, your child is eligible to enroll in our Kindergarten program in the Fall.
- The program will take applications from both native Spanish & English speakers.
- Native Spanish speakers will need to take a short assessment to ensure they are Spanish speakers.
- Apply for a permit if outside TUSD
- Apply for Open Enrollment if you are not a resident in the Carr or Torrance ES area
- If applicant qualifies they will be notified.
- If applicant does not meet the criteria, they will be entered into the English only application category.
Parents interested in having their Kindergartener in the Dual Language program should fill out this APPLICATION
- If accepted, this becomes your new permanent school.
- Transportation is not provided and is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- The Dual Language Program is a multi-year commitment. Students are expected to remain in the school and program through the end of 5th grade.